From Biking To Running

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From Biking To Running

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 am

The dream started with me looking at myself in a mirror. I was beginning to see some changes to my physique - a bit more definition where there wasn't any before. While I was seeing some results, I knew that I wasn't where I wanted to be. So, this was more like a self-evaluation...it was positive, but I knew that I had further to go.

The scene immediately changed to me on a bicycle. I was at an intersection here in town, and the road that I took was going to lead me to my parents' house. In real life, the bike path runs along it nearly all the way to my parent's house. This is the stretch of the bike path that I would train on with my mother for races. In the dream, I was on the edge of the road, not the bike path. Now, as I turned onto the road, I saw or was aware of a girl coming behind me on a bike. This girl is a former classmate that I knew since elementary school. She wished to speak to me, but I didn't want to talk to her at all. I did what I could to stay away from her. It wasn't obvious - I just acted as if I hadn't seen her.

The thing is, I was having difficulty peddling this bike. The pedals would move about halfway around, and then they'd lock up. When they locked up, I had to backward pedal just a bit, and then I could pedal forward for another half turn. While I was dealing with this, I thought about how I must have looked to anyone who would see me - that they might be thinking that I didn't know how to ride a bike or something. I knew, though, that it was a problem with the bike. In fact, the bike wasn't even mine - it was a lady's bike, and I knew that it belong to my sister. If anyone were to speak to me about it, I was prepared to explain that to them.

Riding the bike this way, I realized that I wasn't moving along very quickly. In fact, I recognized that I'd be able to keep the same speed (or go faster) if I just ran on foot. I decided to do just that, and instantly I was running. I was correct about my speed - I was just a bit faster than what I had been doing on the bike. At that same moment, I found myself holding a pot with dirt in it. I knew that this was connected to my mother, somehow. The only other thought I had was that I needed to try to not spill the pot of dirt. It wasn't anything complicated, nor did it require my full attention. I simply acknowledged the need to not spill it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: From Biking To Running

Post by Daisy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 am

When I read your dream Mark, only a few thoughts come to mind. First of all, I dont know why, but I think of your journey with The Lord. I could be totally off on that though. I also think of your problem solving abilities, as you quickly shift from the broken bike to running by foot. The swiftness, and confidence you had while even running with the pot, required balance but it wasn't difficult for you. Is there anything in your life or in your walk with God, that at first you were going about things how others may have gone about things (your sisters bike), but then you realize for you that there is a much better approach, and a quicker, less dramatic/less frustrating way to accomplish your goals?? You seemed to intuitively know which way was best for you to accomplish your goals.

Just some thoughts...plz toss if nothing fits.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 am

Daisy wrote:Is there anything in your life or in your walk with God, that at first you were going about things how others may have gone about things (your sisters bike), but then you realize for you that there is a much better approach, and a quicker, less dramatic/less frustrating way to accomplish your goals??

I think you're right on target, Daisy. Thank you!

It's been a recurring theme in recent dreams to be evaluating myself, somehow. Looking at myself. This is what I've been doing in real life in a lot of areas. As for your thoughts, I do compare my "path" to that of other Christians that I know. What they do, the choices they make - their lives, in general - I'm often looking at them and thinking, "That's just not going to work for my life." That's actually more of a thought that I'd have when I'm feeling good. When I'm discouraged, I'll look at others and go, "Why doesn't that work for my life?" or "Why can't I be like that?" The thing is, I know that the perspective that I have when I'm not discouraged is the right one - it's staying out of self-evaluation when I AM discouraged that's tricky!

Sorry for the rambling. Thanks a lot for sharing, Daisy. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Mark,

Do you think this could be about relationships as in 'relationships'? Perhaps there is a woman interested in you that you aren't interested in. Do you feel like you should be farther along in a relationship now and perhaps you are having trouble peddling.... do you see where I'm going with this?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks, Mia. I do see what you're saying, here, and I can see where it may fit right now - or, in general - in the future.

Not to get too much into the 'ole personal life, but it's been a long while since I've bothered with dating - for many reasons. But, as I get older, I do think of this more and more...and since it's been a while, I do think that I'd have trouble peddling - that is, I don't know what it'd be like now that I'm the age that I am. I hope I make sense. Someone 30+ doesn't date like someone in their 20's. That could line up with the peddling part, and would relate to something in the future.

You did ask if there was someone interested in me that I'm not interested in. It's a pretty long line outside waiting for me (J/K!). There is something, though - my brother informed me last weekend that he and his girlfriend have someone that they wanted me to go on a date with. They knew nothing about her beliefs - only that "she's nice." There's a few other details that made me disregard the idea. So, I could see how the dream could relate to that.

If it's about relationships, I suppose the positive message is the part where I just did what I knew would be better, and it turned out that it was (running instead of biking).

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:14 am

I would like to say that you have a lot to offer and it is much easier to peddle once you get started. I felt the same way when I was 33 but it turned out to be better than I thought. I just dated one person and married them.

Staying single would be the running, Have you considered that? I do agree with Paul that staying single would be better IF you have a healthy network of Christian friends, like he had.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:20 am

Mia Sherwood wrote:Staying single would be the running Have you considered that?

Have I considered staying single? Yes. Often. Not in a bad way, though. Like, I've thought positively about it, that it may be the best choice for me.

Like other things, though, how solid I am on that depends on my faith in that moment.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am

lol! Love that!

You are correct, though - whatever you decide is going to work out perfectly.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:39 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote: Now, as I turned onto the road, I saw or was aware of a girl coming behind me on a bike. This girl is a former classmate that I knew since elementary school. She wished to speak to me, but I didn't want to talk to her at all. I did what I could to stay away from her. It wasn't obvious - I just acted as if I hadn't seen her.

I wanted to follow up on this portion, because I'm confident that it's manifesting today. There's a high school "friend" that has contacted me out of nowhere on FB. I'm going to do my best not to sound mean, but I have absolutely zero interest in her - just as I did when she asked me out back in HS. She said that she's in-between dating, asked what I was up to, and wanted to know if I ever wanted to get together "as friends."

Simply put, this part of the dream matches how I'm feeling (and responding) perfectly.

This manifestation makes the "riding a bike" symbol in this dream all the more clear. The girl in the dream was riding a bike, as was I. It's got to be about dating/relationships - as Mia suggested.

Looking at the rest of the dream...it was better for me to be on foot (single). I'm not saying that's permanent, though - it may just be for that stretch of road.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 am

God is so funny. I'm trying to figure out how riding a bike would ever be easily compared to dating and I just can't see it.

I like the symbolism of turning the road.... meaning it was up ahead and not at the current time.

And that stretch of the road is a very good way to look at this, Mark. I always tell people that dreams are not the whole store, they are just a PARAGRAPH in a chapter of a bigger book.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top