Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SisterinChrist

can u get affected by someones bad spirit ....

If someone has a bad spirit... Like maybe they did meditateing or something that got them exposed to a spirit

And they are not a strong Christian... And if I hung out with them can the spirit get to me.?
Kind of like "getting slimed" best way I could put it.

Hope question makes sense

Not sure I understand he question. I thought I did, but when you said "getting slimed" you lost me. laugh

hmmmm id say yes an no,, if u opened a window for it 2 cum on u its possable, but if u r prayed up ,,full armouered etc id say no,, and i get wat u mean

By standing next to them no. By being influenced by them, yes. Like dreamster stated when we open a door then they will enter in. Putting on the full armor of God and not putting yourself in those situations is your best defense.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Just some thoughts of mine, but for me I can be sensitive to the heaviness that others have about them. Perhaps for me, I can feel the heaviness or whatever is upon them and it can actually sort of drain me emotionally as well (depending on the amount of time I spend around them). I think in my situation, I may pick up on these things for intercession reasons. Social activities can be very draining for me bc I pick up on most peoples emotions. Sometimes, once feeling drained, I need to call it a night early bc it can wear me down at times. So for me, knowing my limits is a good thing, and setting time restraints is good for me. Perhaps you are the same way. Like Connie and D said, being prayed up really helps. If you feel called to minister or make a difference in the persons life, then by all means minister (but being built up in the Spirit really helps make the impact). When you say 'slimed' it makes me think of how the bible says a little yeast leavens the whole lump. I agree with Connie and D when they say dont open a 'window' for the enemy when you are around this person. In this situation, I would think of that as...not letting her mindset/beliefs persuade your thinking...and not joining in any meditation with her (other than meditating on our God). If this were me, and I felt like The Lord wanted me to have a friendship with this person, in order for me to influence them, I would plead the Blood of Jesus over me and her before the fellowship, and I would be prayed up to make a difference in her life. I dont think you need to fear the spirits she may be carrying around her, bc you have the truth/full revelation of what Jesus has done for you. Think about how many demon possessed people, and all the others that followed after Jesus seeking to be healed etc...Jesus wasn't concerned of those spirits attaching to him or his disciples. There is so much power in the blood of Jesus. Also, on the other hand...if you spend time with this person even with intentions to help them, and you find yourself being 'leavened' in your thoughts/beliefs after being around this person, I would avoid spending time with this person. In other words if you seem to be the one being influenced, instead of you influencing this person...then I would see this as an act of the enemy to pull you out of fellowship with the Lord. Just my thoughts...plz toss if it doesnt fit. Hope something helps.

I see your online sister...I edited my content a bit above, and added a few things.

Here is an example of what I would see as influencing others. Say I go to hang out with some of the other moms at my daughters school. Im there having fun, and building relationships with them so that I can hopefully influence them positively down the road. Even though they may be drinking, I dont join in with that..and dont allow their beliefs to influence me. I feel relationships are key to influencing others for God. As they see my life, and my example it could open up the doors for them to ask me questions about God and I could encourage them to seek Him more. On the other hand, if Im not careful, and am not prayed up...or if I spend TOO much time with these women, my thoughts could start being influenced by them..instead of them influencing me. For instance, perhaps I start doubting if drinking is really wrong or not..or I start thinking its ok to dress provocative bc some of them do as well. This would be an example of me intending to help them, but instead they are influencing me, pulling me out of fellowship with God. So in this instance, I limit the time I spend around this group of women...but do on occasion go out to dinner with them...or I choose to do things with this group that doesn't revolve around drinking...like having a fellowship/breakfast chat with them. Does that make sense? This way Im built up, and Im the one influencing, not the other way around. I spend time with these moms, but limit my time with them. My sole fellowship doesnt revolve around this group of 'just seeking' believers. If I see my beliefs being 'persuaded' (or Im becoming wishy washy), then its certain that Im spending too much time around the wrong people. The majority of my fellowship though, should come from likeminded Christians who are strong in the faith...these relationships build me up and keep me strong and accountable. This is a fine line, and balance is super important in an instance like this...as far as influencing others go. For me, I even have to apply these principles to my extended family, bc many of them are unbelievers.

Daisy wrote:
I see your online sister...I edited my content a bit above, and added a few things.
Hey Daisy!!! Thanks, yes i was reading it through my phone. its easier to respond when on the PC. Will read again!!

wow.. just read both your posts..Its really a blessing! thanks for sharing your thoughts and examples, they make a lot of sense to me. and it reassuring. I am going to re-read it... a lot of great 'nuggets'!!

Cholette wrote:
Not sure I understand he question. I thought I did, but when you said "getting slimed" you lost me.
hahaha.. yes its like you know in the old nicklodeans kids shows kids get slimed.. just used it as an 'picture example' sort of.....

like if u r around someone that might be possessed with a negative spirit, they dont know but its super strong...
i was asking if u r around them, can it try and affect u..

Do i make sense?
Yes...and I do agree with "only if you have an open door"...which was my orginal response, but I erased it because I thought I misunderstood your question.

i went 2 sum ppls house bout 2months ago, they wer in2 dodgey stuff, well,early this week i drmt i was being prayed 4 by ppl in anutha city, who i didnt kno, this spirit came off me, id been put 2 sleep ,,am woke as it left me, ,,so be weary sisda ,,u cant lock yrself away, ,,but u can choose who u hang out wiv, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, d,,innna werld of his own,,

Hey Dee... interesting...

can i ask you if you were exposed to anything particular when u visited?

i totally get the point about being covered in the blood, and being prayed up...