A Former Girlfriend's Son

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Former Girlfriend's Son

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 am

This dream was short, but here's the basics of it: I was definitely in a relationship with a former girlfriend. In real life, she's happily married with three daughters. In the dream, she had a son, probably in early elementary school. That was all that she had - no other children. I remember sitting with the kid on a couch, and he was leaning against me. This was significant to me, as I expected a child who was already that old to be distant to a would-be stepfather. That's it for the dream.

This is the opposite of how I've related to a stepfathers in real life. No closeness, very guarded, very aware that we're not the same blood. For that reason, I'd be hesitant to date anyone with kids...because I just have a hard time believing that a child that isn't mine would ever be as connected to me as one that was my own.

This dream came on a night were I was doubting the future - whether I'd even be married at all.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Former Girlfriend's Son

Post by exo152 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am

Do you think the Holy Spirit is trying to soften your stand against dating women with children? Perhaps the very special woman he has for you already has a child, whom you will also have a very close relationship with if you give it a chance??
As for the "former" girlfriend, do you think that could mean a woman (not the one who is actually married with children) but one you perhaps considered a relationship with in the past but changed your mind due to the possible step-child included??
My thoughts only......

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 am

exo152 wrote:Do you think the Holy Spirit is trying to soften your stand against dating women with children?

Thanks, Exo. I've actually had quite a few dreams that feature me being in a relationship with someone who already has a child. It's a recurring theme, for sure. So, yes...this dream and the others are wearing at me, as you suggested...opening me up to considering this where, in the past, I wouldn't have even given it a thought.

Now...Divorced or Widowed? Is one of them "more" God's plan than the other?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am

Just a thought....if God is truly leading you to a relationship with a woman who already has a child, then not only will you benefit from the relationship, BUT there is a woman out there who may have fears about how her child will be received and accepted. And a child who is hungry to have a man in their life who loves them.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top