Good food thrown away...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good food thrown away...

Post by blessed1 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 am

I opened a trash compactor and a clear bag with fresh-looking strawberries and shrimp (Lol) came flowing out with water from it. I kept trying to put it back in, but it kept coming out. I was thinking that I couldn't believe someone threw it away, I would've eaten it!

Thoughts??

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good food thrown away...

Post by Cholette on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm

The first thing that comes to mind is "throwing away good Word"...which means, someone is taking good nourishment of God's word and throwing it away...not appreciating it or recognizing it for it's value. This could be something that is symbolic that you will come across in the future or it could be simply literal...finding good food in the garbage.
Just some thoughts I'm throwing out there at ya.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:48 am

I thought these things, too, Cholette! My brothers have been on my heart a lot lately and it could be about them, as they have been living worldly lifestyles for a long time, but claim to be saved. We recently attended my parents' church for my niece's dedication and both of my brothers came with their bibles in hand. It was the first time they had been to church in God knows how long, which was awesome, but they were back to hanging and drinking with their "buddies" that same day. So, it may very well be about them or as you said, something I will see literally in the future.

Please pray for my brothers, if you don't mind! praying Thank you!!

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 am

Cholette wrote:The first thing that comes to mind is "throwing away good Word"...which means, someone is taking good nourishment of God's word and throwing it away...not appreciating it or recognizing it for it's value. This could be something that is symbolic that you will come across in the future or it could be simply literal...finding good food in the garbage.
Just some thoughts I'm throwing out there at ya.

My thoughts exactly too! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:40 am

I will definitely be praying. My advice to you is to not go by what you see. Just because they aren't living a converted lifestyle doesn't mean that they not have a heart for The Lord.

I remember when I was out there and dong things that didn't align with the Word. Deep in my heart I didn't want to do it and I would talk to God privately about it. I was mostly doing wrong because of who I was around...not because of who I was. I get a feeling that is where your brothers are. God has them...and I will be praying.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:00 am

Thank you, Cholette! That is very true and encouraging. It is hard and disappointing sometimes to not see any change in them after so many years. They're in their mid-thirties and have kept the same company since they were teenagers! So I completely agree that its not who they are, but who they're around. I pray continuously that they will be able to realize this and WANT to make godly choices. Lord knows they've had many wake-up calls, but yes, I know He has them and He is so faithful and patient!!

Thanks so much for your prayers!!

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top