my husband flirting with a relative

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my husband flirting with a relative

Post by Angelwings on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

We had a relative (not blood related) visiting our home and she was sitting on the couch with my husband. They were talking very intimately with each other. My husband leaned over and kissed her on the lips. I immediately thought to myself .."well some cultures and some families give a quick kiss on the lips to their relatives so I guess its not that big of a deal". But it didn't sit well with me, especially since I then saw them continue to talk closely and flirting. I pulled my husband aside and told him that their behavior was inappropriate and it needed to stop immediately.
He seemed to take it well and not argue with me, but after we spoke he went to the relative and they whispered and chuckled among themselves about my request. I was now HEATED!!!! Couldn't believe I was watching these two flirt in front of me with no shame.

(I also saw something that seems random and out of place to the dream. I saw that she had 2 vintage retro phones, you know those old school touch tone phones? one was pink and the other a darker pinkish or purple, new and each in their original packaging box, weird right!!?? I even thought to myself that they looked OK but I would have gotten a much nicer looking one!)
Anyway, I threw a little tantrum, grabbed my keys and decided to storm out of the house and leave. In the midst of me storming out of the house I dropped the keys....I looked down and noticed I dropped my husbands keys, but my keys were in my hands. (I guess had grabbed both mine and my husbands keys). I didn't want to leave the keys on the ground outside so I picked them up and went back inside to put them away. When I walked in the house there was NO ONE around. I walk the whole house looking for them, and I see through a set of sliding glass doors the both of them sitting on a couch...all chummy and close, almost looked like they were kissing. I STORMED IN and startled them.....and they jumped up. I was so mad and wanted to punch her in the face. As a matter of fact, I tried to. But for some reason I didn't have the strength in my arm to swing as hard as i wanted to so when I swung it was as a FAIL! So I asked her to leave my house and I began to cry. END

btw..I woke up already in tears. I mean I must have been sobbing in my sleep because I woke up to my husband holding me and asking me if I was ok!!?? crying needless to say, I did not tell him what my dream was about.

side note: I know my husband or this relative would ever do this. I know this is symbolic!

another side note: I would have never pitched a fit and stormed out leaving them alone...lol just sayin!!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my husband flirting with a relative

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:05 am

Hi, Angelwings -

Is there any activity that could be symbolized by this woman that appears to be a distraction to your husband? Something that's stealing his attention/affection (in a symbolic sense)?

You said that the woman is a relative, so it might even be something connected to family - although, it may not.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Then I would ask do you know somebody who might be going through this? It isn't uncommon for me to dream something from the perspective of others, especially if that person is close to me.

On the other hand, is it typical of you to pitch a fit when something is deserving? I am NOT saying its another woman but perhaps some other situation that could make you that mad?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:51 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hi, Angelwings -

Is there any activity that could be symbolized by this woman that appears to be a distraction to your husband? Something that's stealing his attention/affection (in a symbolic sense)?

You said that the woman is a relative, so it might even be something connected to family - although, it may not.

Hi thewhiteshadow thank you for chiming in =)
Your first question was my first thought since I've had cheating dreams in the past. There are a few things that my husband is currently interested in right now that he seems focused on. I don't see it as a distraction at all...its just a few hobbies he has taken interest in. One is a hobby he's had since childhood, not a big deal, and the other is new that he's been doing lots of research. He's even included me in his hobbies. thinking outloud so i hope you don't mind if I ramble off for a second....There is a small detail that I keep hanging on to and that's the couch but i could be grasping. Most of his research is done sitting on the couch on his cell phone, he has used the computer but I normally hog the computer for myself so he is stuck using his phone. hee hee I did recently comment that he's been on his phone a lot (sitting on the couch). He told me what he was doing. I realized how serious he was in this new hobby so I've been giving up the computer so he can have time on it. The woman is what gets me, (and the phones??). I don't know if SHE herself symbolizes something else besides family...I just don't see a family connection but I'll pray for the Lord to reveal it to me if there is.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am

Hi, Angelwings -

I reread the first part of your dream and I would like to add one more thing:

In the dream, your response to what you saw got more and more intense as the dream went on. It started off with you sort of shrugging it off -

"I immediately thought to myself .."well some cultures and some families give a quick kiss on the lips to their relatives so I guess its not that big of a deal."

By the end, though, your response was much more emotional. So, I wonder if it's something that doesn't really bother you at this time, but may irritate you more and more as time goes on? Again, probably not to the degree that you expressed in the dream...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 am

Mia Sherwood wrote:Then I would ask do you know somebody who might be going through this? It isn't uncommon for me to dream something from the perspective of others, especially if that person is close to me.

On the other hand, is it typical of you to pitch a fit when something is deserving? I am NOT saying its another woman but perhaps some other situation that could make you that mad?

Hi Mia thank you,
my other thought was that it was about someone else. I don't normally dream that way. If it's about someone else I typically in the dream but never involved to where I'm playing their part. (is that what you meant?)

your second question.....no. Mia do you remember a time when I had 3 back to back dreams about me being very angry with my husband? You shared some thoughts with me that confirmed what the Lord was showing me about ME and really dealt with me on things with my marriage. I would definitely speak up and approach him with things but I would not pitch a fit like that. tried and tested girl!! lol

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hi, Angelwings -

I reread the first part of your dream and I would like to add one more thing:

In the dream, your response to what you saw got more and more intense as the dream went on. It started off with you sort of shrugging it off -

"I immediately thought to myself .."well some cultures and some families give a quick kiss on the lips to their relatives so I guess its not that big of a deal."

By the end, though, your response was much more emotional. So, I wonder if it's something that doesn't really bother you at this time, but may irritate you more and more as time goes on? Again, probably not to the degree that you expressed in the dream...

I was posting the same time as you were to Mia's post.)
I would not have pitched a fit....but I agree with you, it is possible that my emotions can be exaggerated here. if that's the case then it has to be something else other than the hobby thing. I would be a hypocrite to get annoyed about his focus on his hobby. So I will pray about this, thank you!!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 am

I think I know what this is about...maybe.
hubby has a smoking habit. I want him to quit, he has numerous times but picks it right back up because of his stressful job. He doesn't smoke in the house or even in front of any of us, we never see him doing it. and when he comes in the house he'll go wash his hands, face and uses mouth wash because he knows I hate it when he smells like it. so its never a big deal when he smokes.

but he's been careless about cleaning up lately. Comes in and smells like an ashtray.. and it drives me nuts. I can't help but make a comment because I just want him to quit. Its gross and so very bad for his health.
I wonder if thats it. Now the relative in this dream is even more interesting. =)

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top