nightmares

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nightmares

Post by seeking1 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Background: My very best friend recently died of cancer. Her funeral was on Wed. Wed. night and again last night (Thrus.) I had horrible dreams. I'm almost afraid to go to sleep tonight.

First dream: In the dream I had only one arm. There was just a stub where my left arm should have been. I saw two tiny snakes crawl into a room and I followed them into the room which was brightly lit, sterile, stark white. The idea in my mind was that I was going to kill the two small snakes. As I came around the corner into the room a HUGE diamond back came at me. It moved toward me with great speed. I was terrified as it raised it's head towards me. I cried out in fear and woke myself up with my scream.

Second dream: There were many people gathered in a large enclosed area. My husband and I, our 2 yr. old grandson, and my mom were with the crowd. There were armed guards standing all around the perimeter of the crowd. I felt apprehensive and fearful. Then my husband, grandson, mom, and I were all told to get into the cab of a JD tractor. Which we did. The soldier/ guards opened a large door and told us to drive through. It looked like fire was ahead of us. I was filled with great fear. My husband seemed calm and said we would do the best we could. The guards were laughing at us and seemed very evil.
In the next scene I am a bystander and am no longer fearful for myself. My husband is there but no other family members. The crowd is still there surrounded by the armed guards. The door we were to drive through earlier is now closed. The guards have a large family group lined up in front of the crowd. The family is facing away from the guards and facing a wall. The children are closest to the wall facing it, the mothers are behind the children, and the fathers are behind the mothers with their backs towards the guards. The guards start walking behind the line of fathers and with one quick movement reach from behind and cut each fathers throat. As I watch the slaughter I am filled with horror and helplessness.
In the next scene the family group is gone except for one little boy maybe 4 or 5 yrs. old. He is lying on his back and is barely breathing. Several soldiers are looking at him and discussing whether he is going to die or not. They decide he is going to die and they staple a large clip on his chest. As I watch the little boy I so desperately want to save him. I turn to my husband and plead, "We have got to do something!"
Then I woke up.

Any thoughts or insight is very welcome. Hoping by understanding all this horror I will come to a place of peace. Thank you.

seeking1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: nightmares

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 am

I believe the dreams are rooted in the funeral of your friend. Not to say that they don't have another meaning but that your frame of mind right now is to your own mortality and through this the spirit of fear is attacking you.

If you have a church, please have the elders or whoever ministers prayer lay hands on you and rebuke the fear.

Father,
I just lift up seeking1 to you right now and I pray for the peace that passes all understanding to guard against the attack of fear. I ask for supernatural peace and protection in the midst of this difficult time.

I pray for comfort during this time of mourning and a reassurance that you have a good future planned. I pray that you send dreams that are comforting, uplifting, and reassuring.

I thank you that as we lift this cares up to you we take comfort because we know you care for us more than we could ever possibly fathom and that at no time nor during any trouble will you ever leave us alone.

In Jesus Precious Name.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am

I come into full agreement with Mia's prayer. I would also like to add this.

Father God,

We place the blood of Jesus over seeking1 and her entire family. Whether they come or go, sit or walk, sleep or are awake, their thoughts and dreams and even over their hearts.

We come against all spirits of fear and render them void and mute. We send them now to the feet of Jesus, them and their kind. We speak peace, love, joy over them and thank you Father for the hedge of protection about them. We ask now for the Holy Spirit to engulf them and give them comfort and remind them they are never alone.

We pray this in Jesus name,

Amen

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seeking1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks, Mia and Dove-Solutions. I think you got the interpretations correct. Thankfully, after prayer and seeking the Lord, He led me to scriptures about trusting Him and the nightmares have stopped. My friend was also my sister-in-law and so family as well as very best friend. While she was going through her last agonizing days on this earth my mom was dealing with health issues and my grandson was very ill with RSV so with all of that it definitely gave the spirit of fear an entrance. I guess all those family connections explain the families under attack in my dream as well. Thank you for your prayers. Standing on Ps. 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.

seeking1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Praise GOD! I'm glad to hear they have stopped.

This one is for you:

Psalm 91

1Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.a

2I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust.”

3Surely he will save you

from the fowler’s snare

and from the deadly pestilence.

4He will cover you with his feathers,

and under his wings you will find refuge;

his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5You will not fear the terror of night,

nor the arrow that flies by day,

6nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,

nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7A thousand may fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,

but it will not come near you.

8You will only observe with your eyes

and see the punishment of the wicked.

9If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”

and you make the Most High your dwelling,

10no harm will overtake you,

no disaster will come near your tent.

11For he will command his angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;

12they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13You will tread on the lion and the cobra;

you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14“Because heb loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15He will call on me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

16With long life I will satisfy him

and show him my salvation.”

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top