Making an executive decision...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making an executive decision...

Post by Daisy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:58 am

I had a short dream that I was back nannying for one of my old families. In the dream, one of their kids were having a hard time in school bc of focus issues. The teacher and I talked, and the teacher came up with an idea to modify this child's work load. If there was a test, he would only be tested on the first page, even if he did the second page poorly, she wouldn't count it against him. I agreed with this idea, and made the decision to try this out, as if I were the parent...not the nanny. There was no question when the idea first came up, I felt very confident making this decision at first. After I got home, I started thinking about how uptight my boss was about her sons grades, and felt afraid of her reaction. I realized I should've asked her what she thought, before making that decision. I then was doubting my decision, and felt intimidated with the thought of my boss' reaction. Irl, my daughters teacher really is using this approach for my daughter, bc the work load is too overwhelming for her with her attention span. In the dream i thought to myself just bc I thought it was acceptable for me to do this with my daughter, my boss might be upset that I agreed to this approach for her son. She was a VERY performance based person, and VERY demanding and demeaning when it came to how her children did with school. ONLY A's ans B's were acceptable in her eyes...and B's were even pushing it! IRL Im the opposite, Im ok if my daughter gets a c, as long as she gave it her BEST effort. I haven't worked for this family for more than 5 years.

Any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making an executive decision...

Post by rosebush on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Looks like you are coming against legalism -- the letter of the law. :coool:

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:41 pm

It can be a hard thing to stand against, cause it can seem so right, though your heart may be right and God may be happy with you. It is a place where mercy and grace are needed.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks Rose!!! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top