Balancing Plastic Totes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balancing Plastic Totes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 am

I had a fairly short dream where I was at work. One of my guys needed to get a tote of material. These totes are large plastic crates, about 4'L x3.5'W x3'H, and they may be stacked up to 5 high. The coworker told me that he couldn't find the one he was looking for. So, I went with him to the area where that specific material ought to be.

Once there, I was a bit surprised to see how empty this place was. I thought to myself how it was overly full just the other day.

I saw two rows of these containers side-by-side. The rows were about 4 deep, single-stacked (meaning, nothing on top of a single tote). At the back of both rows were two stacks, side-by-side, that were built exactly the same: A tote on the bottom, then one of those large yoga balance balls, then another tote on top. I saw this and felt that it wasn't a very good idea - that the top totes were not going to stay balanced, and that they'd eventually fall over. I thought about coming back to this and fixing it later on.

I walked up and down the rows, looking for the material that my guy needed. None of the totes were labelled, which made finding the right one difficult as the contents would pretty much look the same to anyone else. However, I lifted a few lids off and looked inside, and I knew from my own experience when I saw material that was not what I was looking for. The dream ends while in the middle of searching.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Balancing Plastic Totes

Post by Deborah on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Are you familiar with disk defragmenting on your computer? This dream reminds me of that.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 pm

I am familiar with that. Interesting thought - what did you see in the dream that made you think of this, if I may ask?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm

This reminds me of looking through these threads for a certain dream and of trying to sort them all out and put them in the proper places.

Can't wait to hear what it is.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 pm

So far, I've only gotten a message of "balance" from it. At work the next day, our crew was asked to work an extra 2 hours. We had just pulled 12's every day last week, and I was actually looking forward to only doing 10's. I was willing to stay, as were others, but one of my guys suggested that I didn't need to stick around (since I'm ALWAYS there and never get a break). The thought bothered me, because if others in my crew were going to sacrifice, I felt that I should as well.

When I was alone outside of the plant taking care of some waste, the dream came to mind - with the thought of keeping things in balance. I went with the idea and agreed to leave after 10 hours that day.

The next day (following a decent snowstorm), half my crew did not make it in to work. I easily had to handle twice the workload that I normally would to help with the absences. I'm quite sore and tired, but I'm nowhere near where I'd be if I didn't get the extra 2 hour of rest that I did the night before.

If there's more to expect from this dream, I'm certainly open to it, though.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:49 am

That is awesome! I love how God leads us in dreams.

Update: I keep seeing the main thrust of this dream to be looking for something. How did you feel in the dream?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:I am familiar with that. Interesting thought - what did you see in the dream that made you think of this, if I may ask?
In your dream you were looking at plastic totes in a room, searching for something specific. You were surprised because just recently, this room had a lot more stuff in it. Then when you are looking around, you see where a stack of stuff isn't placed efficiently and you can tell it will cause problems down the road.

For computers, disk defragmentation basically takes all of the small files and extensions in your hard drive and puts them back where they belong. Sometimes things get pushed out of place, and disk defrag fixes it. So a computer will be looking for something specific, but if there's fragmentation, it will have a hard time finding it, reducing capacity and performance. During defragmentation, small files and extensions get put in place so storage space is increased.

It's like this storage place (in your dream) is your brain and when you're sleeping, defragmentation is going on. Your dream gave you a peek before your brain finished its job of processing all the data your brain took in that day. Because you work so hard in your days, your brain has a lot of defragmenting to do to get you ready for another day. I hope this makes sense--Deborah writing when's she's very tired

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 pm

For the searching portion, I only felt like finding this particular material was my duty, I suppose. No real emotions - this was just something I would do, because this person came to me to help them, so I'd do just that.

The only other feelings were when I was looking at the crates that were balanced on top of the balls. I felt that this wasn't a good idea and that it needed to be fixed/changed. I can't see that feeling fitting anything in particular, but if it does then it's just not overly obvious.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top