Raining hard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raining hard

Post by Brydie on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey.. I had a dream.. I think I understand and have had alot in regards to what I think this topic is... So just wanting to see if u guys clarify similar msg... Currently i work at a school and live around the corner..., in the dream I moved house and after moving I became worried thinking oh no I can't get to school anymore... But realised yes I can and formulated a plan for how I could easily walk there... Not as easy but fairly simple. School/work day arrived but because I was busy with whatever I was needing to do at home, I was not on time for work... Rather I was very late leaving and I didn't even get properly ready instead left in my track suit pants.. I didn't have a problem with that so left, but it was raining heavily and I got totally drenched... I was still happy to go drenched but decided to take a different route on the way as there was a building I wanted to go through on the way... I got into the building saturated, there was alot of young people in the hallways and rooms of this building that I passed by, I got into a room almost like a waiting room and headed for double glass doors at the other end of which I intended to exit through, perhaps as a shortcut to work.... But it was a dead end, the doors were fixed shut... So at that point I said meh and gave up and went home....thanku

Brydie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Raining hard

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi, Brydie - and welcome!

These are just my thoughts - not claiming that it's definitely the interpretation, so please pray and toss if they don't fit for you:

My first thought was that the dream may be work-related. The main action in the dream is that you were trying to get to work...but there were various obstacles along the way such as being underprepared (the track pants) and external circumstances (the drenching rain). In spite of these things, you had a positive outlook and attitude - which I'm going to guess is the sort of personality you have.

I want to stop here and ask a question: Have you been pursuing anything lately that may be work-related? Or...something not necessarily work-related as much as it is young-people-related? If so, have you faced any obstacles...and have you remained positive like you were in the dream?

The thing about the dream is, it ended with you facing the closed doors. Maybe it's about an opportunity that you've sought, but God may be letting you know that this door is closed. In the dream, you eventually left and went home. Perhaps seeing this ahead of time in the dream will help you to accept it when it takes place in real life.

Can you recognize anything in your waking life that seems to be following these thoughts on your dream?

Again, if this doesn't fit, please toss it.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brydie on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm not entirely sure thank you for your reply.... I have alot to do with young people, I'm actually a chaplain at the school I work at and so hence do alot of ministry related activities outside of work and in... There are times I feel it is a struggle, in the workplace there are alot of rules and policy and I don't always like this... There are times I wonder if it is too much effort.... I have recently visited a church which has alot of moving freely in the gifts and I feel at times frustrated as I feel more called to ministry which brings alot more freedom through the Spirit, including deliverance etc.... I thought the rain might have meant something to do with the Holy Spirit... But now I'm considering reevaluating.... I have had a few dreams regarding this issue.... One was I had other important things I had to do and I chose that over work.. And my boss was grumpy at me, but I didn't care because I had to do what I had to do.......my children have recently become difficult and so I prayed about wether to drop days at work etc " I immediately had a power nap with 3 seperate dreams.... One my boss have me $50 which I took n then carried on but suddenly realised I lost the money n thought oh far out when suddenly peace came and I realised I tested the money on top of a light switch, the next dream was my daughter laughing happily, and the next was a lady digging wet hard mud in a garden bed, slogging her guts out, she was puffed and then turned her head... I recognised her as a lady I know that is a huuuuge fitness buff but in the dream she was not fit at all.. She was pooped n unfit..... That night I also had a dream I wanted to go do something great, but my kids were saying they need me and its too late:-0 I'm not taking this in fear..... But myself am thinking change is needed.....?? Tho mayb I'm tainting my interpretation tho since I've always struggled with fear my work isn't quite right where I'm meant to be....

Brydie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm

I think Mark is on the right track. This dream is about making an effort to do a thing that ends with a dead end, you can't go any further with it but you're okay with that and just let if go.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brydie on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks mark and Mia, it had given me alot to chew on and especially am I being honest with myself when interpreting ... Thanku both

Brydie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Being honest with ourselves when interpreting is one of the most difficult things not because we are dishonest but because we are often looking for something specific (like an answer to something) instead of just interpreting the dream at face value.

Good job keeping your eyes open to that Brydie.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top