Breast Milk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breast Milk

Post by tjw on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 am

I dreamed this morning:
I was at a gathering of family and friends at a family home. One of the friends there had just given birth. Someone else was holding her baby. I went over to the baby as he was so cute I wanted to hold him. I went to pick him up. When I picked him up I began to sit down on the floor with him but it was kind of awkward and his little feet touched the floor. His mother became upset and asked if I would give him back. I was a bit embarrassed as I was clumsy with him but I did as she asked. I thought I might get upset with her as she was stern but then she began to cry lamenting how hard it was breastfeeding her baby and you could see her large engorged breasts. I felt sympathy for her as IRL I had similar trouble with myself trying to breastfeed my children when they were babies. I began to give her tips about how she could reduce the breast engorgement and better breast feed. We both walked out into the garage. Once outside her breast milk began gushing out as it was time to nurse her baby. My breasts then began to swell up and leak milk. There were people outside looking as the garage door was open. My shirt was off as if I were in the process of nursing a baby and the milk was flowing. I tried to cover myself to contain the milk overflow. Someone attended to the lady while I went back inside. Next I was in a room with my sister and told how when I saw that woman's milk flow it stimulated my breasts to do the same. She just kind of looked at me funny and said "Uh huh"....
End of dream.

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breast Milk

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 am

These are just some thoughts, but Im thinking you will be in a situation soon where you will be able to encourage and uplift someone who has been through something similar in your life. Something that you will really be able to relate to, where you can almost even feel the feelings almost literally...bringing your mind back to that very moment and point of time in your life. You know how you hear a song, or smell a smell and it literally takes you back in time, to a certain moment in your life? Im thinking someones story might do the same thing to you. They may even have an edge to them, that is almost offensive...but when you realize thier story...you immediately have compassion. Im thinking it could be about something other than actual breastfeeding, but I could be totally off on this. Please toss if this doesn't seem to fit. Bless you! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 am

I'll be on the lookout...thanks Daisy! :)

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm thinking it won't be breastfeeding either.

Is there something in your life now that you can relate this to?

The feelings of empathy and discomfort with the intimacy of the situation?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:05 pm

I can't think of any situation that fits right now. I will see what happens and update as soon as it does......

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 pm

I thought about how baby Christians need the milk of the Word before they get the meat. Perhaps it could be about discipleship?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 am

Was there job or task you were doing that someone asked you to stop because they didn't like the way you did it? (Not necessarily that you were terrible at it, it was just that they were very uptight?)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Interesting Mia. Just so happens on yesterday I had to fill in for a co-worker as she was off for a few days. I really don't like to do it but as a part of my job have to. I work in a medical clinic and am good at my position as I do it day in and day out. Her clinic I only work when she is gone but feel stressed when I do as it is not as familiar to me. I am always concerned about making mistakes in her absence. On yesterday I missed reporting on an important test result and a surgery had to be postponed. I was kicking myself about. She can be pretty uptight about things and that is her personality. I did tell her what happened but she didn't get mad about it though. I do feel sometimes she can be a bit prickly when approaching her about things. At the same time feel for her because her clinic area is very stressful and she does not get a lot of help. She often talks to me about what happens there and I commiserate with her. I try to give her tips about what she should do to help the situation.....

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:05 pm

OH yeah just forgot too, this situation that happened to me with the surgery being cancelled and all happened to her a few times as well in the past and she had been embarrassed and upset about it. Now thinking about what Daisy said too...makes sense now....

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:11 pm

That sounds like it fits perfectly~!

I think the dream was God's way of telling you not to feel too badly because nobody is perfect... and He was reminding you that even the person who regularly does that job isn't perfect either.

Hugs!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:20 pm

OMG Mia thank you! I am so glad you said that. I had really been beating myself up about this mistake. I even had been thinking about how I need to stop trying to do everything perfect because nobody's perfect....God is sooooo good! :) God bless..... happy dance

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Praise God! He is sooo good. I love how he uses dreams to comfort us when we are stressed and hurting. He is just the best!!

Hugs!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top