Tire Issues...and a prayer request.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tire Issues...and a prayer request.

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 am

I had this dream Sunday night of this week.

In this dream, I was in the parking lot of a grocery store in my town. I had two vehicles there. One of them seemed to be my "normal" car. I don't think it was the Jeep, but I knew that it was the car that I'd drive every day. I also had my Cougar (a car from my youth that I don't have any longer) parked in the stall behind it. This felt like it was a special occasion car, or simply one that I wouldn't get to drive everyday, so I chose to take it. I don't remember the drive, itself, but when I returned to the parking stall, I got out of the car and looked at the tires. They weren't very stiff or inflated. They weren't flat, but there just wasn't much body to them. In real life, this car had small, thin tires. In the dream, they weren't on the rims very tight - I noticed that they could easily slip off. I decided against continuing to use this car until/unless this was addressed.

This one's easy - the reason behind it manifested Monday at work, and the prayer request is because this will be ongoing this week:

My crew and I arrived at work on Monday to find that we were posted to work this coming Saturday. The schedule had us working 10's all week, and then 10 on Saturday. The crew banded together and requested to work 5x12's vs. 6x10's - resulting in the same amount of hours worked for the week, and giving them the whole weekend off. I agreed to do this as well, and permission was given by the authorities.

Even on the first day, everyone felt the fatigue of the extra 2 hours. It's worse each day, which is expected.

The dream is a bit of a play-on-words in that it's about feeling tired. The detail of the "special occasion" car is clearly about working 12's - we haven't done it in a long time, and this isn't something we want to do every week. In fact, the word on the street is that the higher ups won't let us do it again next week for fear of fatigue/injury. This also lines up with me not driving the car again.

The prayer request is about the tiredness. 12's give me a sleepy drive home (I once totalled a car by falling asleep at the wheel after working nearly 80 hours in a week). Please pray that I am kept safe and alert!

Many thanks,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tire Issues...and a prayer request.

Post by Shan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 am

Praying for you, Mark.

Lord, keep Mark's eyes open and his mind alert as he drives home each day. Put your angels on guard about his car, keeping it and guiding it home safely. Strengthen his body and keep it from harm.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 am

Thanks a lot, Shan.

Actually, I should have been more tired after today, but the 2am drive home wasn't that bad - other than ice and snow, but what can ya do?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

Good! Thank you, Jesus!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:28 am

Sponsored content