Quit Calling Me Luke

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quit Calling Me Luke

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 am

In this dream, I was back in a management position at a former retail job. I was out on the sales floor, at first, and I was either sitting on the floor or was in a crouching position. It wasn't hiding - it was more like I was "down." I can see this fitting with how I'm feeling at this moment - sort of "beat down" by something.

The store manager came by, although we didn't interact. The employees also congregated in this area, like 5 or so of them. They were all high-school age and female. I also didn't interact with them, although they were talking to the store manager.

From where I was, I saw a customer with an issue related to one of the pieces of furniture for sale. The customer was crabby and not very understanding. I understood the nature of the issue, but I let the employees deal with her - I didn't feel like getting involved.

I got up from the floor and went into the stockroom. At this point, I was feeling very frustrated. I felt like everything was going wrong. A few of the same employees came into the stockroom as well to get what they needed for their areas. One of them had a conversation with me, and she kept calling me "Luke." I didn't acknowledge it for most of the conversation, but after the last time that she called me that, I asked her (with the sound of frustration in my voice), "Why do you keep calling me Luke? That's not my name!"

*I had a different dream last week where I saw a character from a video game named "Luc." The theme of this dream was different, but that detail is the same. In real life, I do not know anyone with that name.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quit Calling Me Luke

Post by Cholette on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 am

I looked up the meaning of the name Luke and it means "Light". Could this dream be God's way of showing you who you were on this former job and how people saw you even in the midst of your frustration?

Just some thoughts...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 am

Ooooh...that would make a lot of sense, Cholette!

I was actually saved during my time at this job, and when that happened I was like a lot of new believers (plus, I was much younger) where I had all kinds of enthusiasm, was a little outspoken about Christ, combined with a healthy measure of innocence/naiveté. However, I was much more of a LIGHT than I've been since then - or, at least that's what I think about myself when I compare the present to the past...which I'm doing a lot of, lately.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am

Just a word of encouragement to you. We usually never see ourselves in the way others see us. We are much more harder on ourselves. When we THINK people see us one way (become of our perspective) it's usually the opposite. I would venture to say that just because you are not as outspoken as you were as a newbie in Christ, doesn't mean you aren't on fire and not a light. The light of Christ shines because to anyone who is in darkness, they can see it, even if it's just a glimmer of it. If you were to go into a dark room and someone had a miniature flashlight (the ones on the key chains), and they turned it on or flashed it...you would still see the light.

Trust me...your light is shining and others notice it much more than you or I see in ourselves.

I will say this because I just heard the Lord drop something in me just now. He says "I am pleased with you and my thoughts towards you are always GOOD and not evil".

Have a great day and keep shining!! wink

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:43 am

Thank you, Cholette. That is so encouraging to me. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 pm

:glory:

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top