Going back??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going back??

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 am

I dreamed that my husband and I went back to this church (in real life we attended this church in our early married years, came back and youth pastored there about 4-5 years, and then came back and pastored there about ten years. We resigned last spring and have been on a God-ordained rest). In the dream we were getting things ready to minister. I was always over certain departments (in real life) and was getting things ready in those areas. But I noticed the classrooms had been "fixed-up"? The carpets had been changed, but there apparently wasn't enough carpet to do the whole rooms, so they had been patched in places,with pieces of carpet in clashing colors, different textures, ragged edges, etc. A really noticible eyesore. While I was cleaning these rooms, another classroom door opened and a man who had worked with us for years came out and walked down the hall. (in real life he had been a wonderful worker until a wolf got in and turned him against us and he left. In real life he is back at that church and he is working in it) I could tell he saw me but he ignored me and wasn't happy about what I was doing. The classroom he came out of had always been my classroom and I could tell before he shut the door that the room was a mess. My husband came then and we were ready for church to start. We stood together and opened the doors, seeing a huge crowd of people outside waiting to be let in. These people had loved us and hadn't wanted us to resign (in real life). But when we let them in, they were not happy to see us back. After they came in, we went outside and in the place where the office building had always sat was a huge gym-like structure. Teenagers were pouring in the door of that. My husband joined them but I noticed my eighteen month old niece playing in the snow outside the door, no one watching her. I scooped her up and carried her with me.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going back??

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 am

Hello, Exo -

I understand that you're in a rest period at the moment, so this dream may not be for this moment. The main theme, to me, seems to be returning to ministry - specifically, with youth, again. Is this something you'd be willing to do (not necessarily in the church in the dream)?

I was thinking that this dream may be about two ministry possibilities. The first one seemed like your previous work. When/if you explore that, there'll likely be things that stand out to you as poorly handled (the patched carpet with clashing colors, etc.). The image of the wolf-affected worker may be someone who, for whatever reason, would be difficult to work with in this first opportunity. This could be someone who previously oversaw the ministry or had been denied their desire to oversee it after serving in other capacities.

The part with the crowd could be members of that ministry who have expressed a desire for changes in youth ministry, but are really not as supportive as they appear.

Overall, the first opportunity doesn't seem very positive to me. At the end of the dream, however, another opportunity was before you. Perhaps your husband will take the lead in pursuing this one.

I'm not exactly sure what the part with your niece could mean. Perhaps something that delays you in getting involved. Just a thought, here: It could be so simple as missing the first meeting because she needs watching, if that part ends up literal.

Please pray on this. If you don't feel that it fits, please toss it.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 am

Thank you Mark! And you know resting places are hard when you are used to being in the middle of ministry. As for going back to youth ministry, I wouldn't mind. In fact the Holy Spirit has shown me that my husband and I work best in pioneering ministries where there are none.
Back to the dream. As I prayed and reflected about it this morning, I was worried that it meant a literal return to this church. Everything I was doing in this dream, we dealt with in that church. Lots of physical work, little help, a building that needed lots of attention and the damage done by Mr. Wolf. I was even the main greeter that met the people at the door. One of the men I saw in the crowd has never attended that church but does attend a church we have been currently visiting. As for the gym/office building....when we did youth ministry at that church several years ago, that was the building we used and we did outgrow it. As for my little niece, her dad was our youth pastor for many years when we pastored and he had a huge youth ministry there, and I did spend a lot of time caring for his children during youth activities. Not the child in the dream, but his older children. Putting that all together, it seems like going back, but with all the hardship and heartache we had there, I dearly hope not!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top