A very emotional dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A very emotional dream

Post by Ehezve on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 am

Am walking from somewhere (maybe school) and I saw an ex boyfriend from about 7yrs back in his dads car, he just passes and ignores me. (Felt hurt) When I was abt to get home he came behind me on his bike and he said are u still refusing my proposal? I said what is there to consider? I tried to say, look please understand me, I can't. (Deep down even though I loved him, I knew I had a husband who I love and need to make sure things work) a very emotional point in my life. I feel torn apart and confused in the dream. In my heart I want to say yes but I can't because I am aware that I have committed to my husband. All of a sudden, I was home were I grew up and left about 7 years back, I was home alone with an aunt and my granny wasn't there (there is a feeling that she is not happy abt something and she was just complaining) I went to lock the doors, one moment, there was no one and the next there were a lot of Christians inc another aunt, having an alnight prayer outside. The place was full and people were praying. I decided to go inside and come back to join them in prayer outside. (feeling of surprise coz that was unexpected).
Am posting this cause its been reoccurring for years ie dreaming of my ex even though I know I have moved on. We have never spoken to each other since we broke up. Would it be directly linked to him or to a concern I have always had about me serving in the church I grew up in or following my husband to another church?

Ehezve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A very emotional dream

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 am

Hi Ehezve,

Welcome to the site!! Its so nice to have you here!! I dont have a direct interpretation for you, but I can share my experience with you. I have had several dreams of my ex as well. At first it really used to bother me, bc I knew I had already moved on, but I was confused why I kept dreaming of him. I am happily married to a great man, with great character...and like you fully committed to him. One thing I have learned from this site, is that sometimes, people can symbolize other people. At first it was hard for me to wrap my brain around, but now I totally get it. The thing for me was figuring out who my ex symbolized. In my dreams, my ex symbolized my brother (whom I am estranged from, no longer having a relationship with him). In my dreams concerning my ex, I had to ask myself what were my feelings in the dream? Was I experiencing any of these feelings in my waking life, maybe in a certain area? What was my ex doing in the dream that might be also going on in my waking life? Sometimes, a person who symbolizes someone else may have characteristics that remind you of someone else. My ex had a substance abuse and an anger problem, as does my brother in real life. For instance, I had a dream I didnt want my ex to know where I lived. I lived in a apartment above a public restaurant that I owned. In the dream, I was upset, bc he showed up at the restaurant (a public place) and I knew he figured out where we lived!!! In real life, during the time of that dream, my brother wanted to start going to our church. We weren't comfortable with this, bc we adopted his biological daughter. I didnt want him around her, bc he is working on his recovery still. I was upset, bc my mom kept pushing to get him to come to our personal 'church home'. I had the same feelings of being really upset, that my mom wanted to allow him to intrude upon our lives and our safe environment of our longtime church home. Once I figured out who my ex symbolized, all my other dreams were consistent with this. Now Im not concerned when I have a dream of my ex, bc I know most of the time in my dreams I am venting my feelings of my current situation in my waking life concerning my brother.

I hope this helps somehow. Wish I had a direct interpretation for you. Your ex could still be your ex in your dream, but I wanted to give you an example so that you can also be open to the idea that its possible that he could also symbolize someone else in your dreams.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehezve on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Thank you so much Daisy. You are true Daisy. You are definitely right about opening my mind to it being something else. In all the dreams, it will be a set up of home ie where I grew up. I feel safe and that that is were my heart belongs with him but at the same time I know in reality I am married and I love my husband. When I wake up, I can really differentiate that my heart was happy but confused. I just do not like the fact of an ex in the picture. I have prayed and asked God to reveal this to me. Recently, I had a discussion with my hubby about the church in which we should associate with when we are home. He asked me to stop having ties with the church I was born in and have always loved (and follow him to another Christ filled church). The irony is that all my life, I have fought to be allowed to be a part of this church. To cut the long story short, my dad passed away when he was coming from preaching at a crusade (accident) as a leader in this church. It never went well with my granddad who accused the Pentecostal church of killing his son. So as a result i was not allowed to go there for church. However whenever I attended with my eldest aunt and my mum I knew that that was home for me. That is were I learnt scriptures, to pray, received the Holy Ghost and should say, the happiest moments of my life. So for me, I have always belonged there and I know it's right coz an inheritance of knowing God is one thing my dad left me. Anyways, now that I am married, I now have to go through that process of fighting to belong to the revival I feel God has placed me. I sometimes think to myself, I will just stop all ties and not belong, after all I am still worshipping God. However I feel it won't be the same and that is how I feel when I say no in the dream.

Anyways, I will continue to trust God that He will make it even clear to me. Thanks for all your replies.

Ehezve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:58 am

I will certainly be praying for you as well. How challenging this must be for you. Im so sorry you are going through this. I really hope that God gives you a peace with the right decision, and that you and your husband can come into agreement. I pray The Lord will bless you and keep you and yours.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehezve on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:08 am

Thank you Daisy

Ehezve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Your so welcome!!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top