Being Told That My Father Passed Away - Manifested

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being Told That My Father Passed Away - Manifested

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 am

In real life, my father and I have an Internet Relationship - we haven't seen each other since I was 20 or so.

In the dream, I was at my parents' house. I was out on the back porch with some extended family. I remember my cousin (who is my real-life boss) being there. In fact, he was just getting ready to leave, and he had told his son to get ready to go. He was joking about work...like having to work shorter hours? I remember him saying something like, "A 7 hour day? Can you imagine what THAT would be like?" I jumped right in, saying, "Let's find out!" He laughed it off.

I walked into the dining room from the back porch. My mother said to me, "By the way, your dad passed away." It was very matter-of-fact. I wasn't all that upset (heartless me), but I was a little bit in denial about it. I thought about ways that I would know for sure. For instance, I actually thought (in the dream) that he had "Liked" a FB post I made just a day before. I also thought that his wife would have posted something, or maybe try to make contact with me about it.

This is going to sound bad, but I don't know how I'd feel if I really got this news. I don't hate my father, but he's not the person I remember him to be from my childhood.

This is a tricky bit of symbolism, because if this were real death, you'd expect the feelings in the dream to show that. Or, maybe the symbols would be different. At the same time, if I'm indifferent to someone in real life, I may actually feel that way toward their passing...so, that's what makes this hard to know. If this news is not about literal death, then I would think it's some type of change in relationship. Since my cousin was prominent in the dream, maybe it's work-related?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being Told That My Father Passed Away - Manifested

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 am

This, unfortunately, has manifested this morning.

The NEWS of the death is literal, but the people are not.

Long story, short - I have a neighbor a few houses down on the other side of the street who passed away over the weekend. She has no family, and it was only discovered today. She was only in her 60's.

I used to know her (or, rather, I spoke with her more often) in my 20's when I was dating a girl who lived next door to her. I can see the detail of my father in the dream relating to this woman, as the distance between us (relationship-wise) holds about the same length of time.

As far as feelings go...the situation is sad, but it's been years since I really even spoke to her, and even then I didn't know her very well. So, it makes sense that I'm not worked up over it.

The wonder/confusion I felt about the news lines up with how I've been feeling this morning as I've been thinking about the dream.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top