Overrun with mice!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overrun with mice!!

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 am

I dreamed my daughter called me to come check out something in her room. Under the bed looked like someone had smashed up a bunch of shredded wheat, scattering it all under her bed. Crawling all over the wheat was small black creatures we at first thought were bugs, but then we realized they were small mice. We brought in our two cats and they ran straight for the mice, snarling as they chased them. The mice began to run and we recognized some of them were actually rats, but not normal rats but toy rats, with big, cartoon eyes and bright colors of green and purple. They were running from the cats more like it was a game.
Somewhere during the cat chase, one of our cats had a kitten and it was brought to me to care for while the cat continued to hunt the mice. But her kitten was a newborn baby. We sat and cared for it while she hunted the mice.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Overrun with mice!!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:15 am

Hi, Exo -

Is there any problem going on in your daughter's life that stands out to you at this point?

In the dream, you were shown what caused the problem (the smashed cereal), and then the problem, itself (the black creatures). The more attention you gave to this issue, the more you realized that it was greater than what you understood it to be (bugs, then mice, then rats). I wonder if the issue is something you've been exploring over time, with a different (and progressively worse) explanation each time.

The dream goes on to show you introducing your two cats to deal with the issue. In my dreams, cats are people...but, they could simply represent the would-be solution to the problem. By all rights, a cat should be the correct "treatment" for mice/rats. I'm thinking that the cats represent the most obvious solution to the situation. However, the portion with the cartoon rats makes me think that this solution will not work. Was that the end of the dream, or was there any real resolution?

For the portion with the kitten - this could be a similar and relatively newer solution for the same problem. You were caring for it in the dream, so this could be something that you are still thinking about, but not acting upon.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Wow! That is a lot of insight! To be honest my daughter has become somewhat demanding and questioning authority over the last few months(she is twelve and thinks she is fifteen). Especially my authority. In the dream, the "cats" are actually our cats in real life. And they went into overdrive trying to round up the mice, even snarling and growling. In fact, when the "kitten" was dropped in my lap, it was because the mother cat was too busy to care for it. I do recall thinking that the mice problem was so huge that only the cats would be able to get them all.
The last portion of the dream was simply me and my children caring for the "kitten-baby", while the cats were chasing the mice/rats around my house. I had no fear that the cats would damage anything (in real life they are outdoor pets) and that they wouldn't finish the job. I was just caring for the kitten and waiting.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Mark,
As I re-read your post I was reminded of some odd-colored places on my daughter's skin. She has had them for a few years and we have had them checked by a nurse, and although they embarass my daughter (you can't see them unless she is wearing a swimsuit), they don't seem to present any health hazard. Skin disorders tend to run in my family and my daughter has had her share of them. Do you think the dream could be related to those?

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 pm

It's very possible, actually. When I was responding to the dream, I thought about health-issues or something similar that could be "treatable," but I didn't want to go to far and suggest something that wasn't necessarily given by the dream. If you recognize the dream fitting this, it's probably worth exploring.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 pm

I cannot believe it, but this has actually proven to be a LITERAL dream!!
My youngest son told us he saw a mouse running through a certain room. So my husband put out a trap and the thing threw the trap and ran off with the cheese. This happened the same day our cat had kittens. One of the kittens wasn't doing well and my daughter carried the little thing around in a blanket in the house all day, just like it was a baby. I hope this dream doesn't mean we have more of a mice problem than we realize!! scratching chin

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:36 pm

WOW! :

Hopefully it won't. Dreams tend to be exaggerated when they are literal so that we pay attention and remember the dream.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 pm

I am beginning to realize that my dreams are like this....exaggerated, yet with enough in them to alert me to when they begin happening irl. Do you think dreaming this way could be a teaching tool of the Holy Spirit? To perhaps learn what I need to learn about the way I dream, for future reference? Just before I found this website, the Holy Spirit instructed me to start paying attention to what I was dreaming, that he would begin to reveal things to me through dreams. Thank you so much for all the hard work you and the others put into this website. It had been a tremendous learning tool for me!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:29 am

BINGO! You are right on.

THank you so much exo. I, and the others, really appreciate the encouragement. It's what keeps me going sometimes.

huggins

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 pm

i think that ther under the bed is also signiff,,, is she hiddeing anything from u, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, d,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

I think "under the bed" is literally where our son saw the mouse run. :)

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top