I have the same dreams over and over again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have the same dreams over and over again

Post by Leelee on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm

I ended a ten year relationship three years ago. I ended the relationship not because I stopped loving him but because he chose a different path that wasn't a good path. Shortly after I ended the relationship, I started dreaming about him. I have prayed off soul ties with this man over and over again. I believe in my heart that I have forgiving him but I don't understand why the dreams keep coming. I thought that it would be a good idea for me to continue to keep him in prayer.
One night I had a dream and in the dream he knocked at my front door. I let him in and he was in a distress. It looked as if he was living a horrific life. I let him in and let him rest on the sofa. I had the same dream the following day.
I have dreams about him and he tells me that he's sorry for hurting me. One night I had a dream about him and I wasn't in the dream, It was only him in the dream and another man.
I had this dream two nights in a row. He was outside of his house up against a car and he was talking to the man. He said I have this ring for Lee and he said but I afraid to give it to her and to ask her to marry me because I have been so mean to her. The other man said, well if you don't ever ask her you'll never know if she still cares for you.
One night I had another dream and in this dream he was killed in a car accident and I asked God why, I said God I prayed for him, God said yes you did but not wholeheartedly.
I dream about this man on a regular bases. It seems like the more I ask God to remove him from my thoughts, I end up dreaming about him.
He's always in my dreams. One night I had a dream and me and him were walking down my stairs and on the staircase was a fish bowl filled with blue beautiful fish. One of the fish jumped out of the bowl and I told him to catch the fish and he did and he put the fish back in the bowl.
I just need to know why do I keep dreaming about this man. I'm not sure if he's the man that God has predestined me to be with.
When we were in a relationship we would study the Bible together and pray together and we were going to get married. A lady from his past showed up and he started doing business with her. It seems like when she popped up he become my enemy. This woman is way older than him and she does wicket things. My friend is not the same. He would have never just walked out of my life, although I told him that we needed our space. We would have still been friends. This lady harasses me all the time. I just ignore her. I have had to change my telephone number, now she emails me and she will try to make it like she's someone else on twitter and on facebook, hoping the I will add her. She says profound things to me, like stop praying for him and I give him money. She tells me that he hates me. He was in love with me and we were best friends and she popped up. He also told her that he didn't like her and that he loved me. It has been three years and this woman continues to email me.

Leelee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have the same dreams over and over again

Post by Emmie on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 am

I just need to know why do I keep dreaming about this man. I'm not sure if he's the man that God has predestined me to be with.

Hi Leelee,

Firstly, I don't believe that God predestines us to be married to any person, so you can relax about that one. Phew.

I've had a similar type things happen where I've dreamt I've married someone, been engaged to them etc. Sometimes, we dream prolifically about a subject because we're thinking so much about it in our waking hours.

One night I had another dream and in this dream he was killed in a car accident and I asked God why, I said God I prayed for him, God said yes you did but not wholeheartedly.

I also don't believe this was God either. It just doesn't fit with any experience I've had with God over many many (many) years. Sometimes our mind can play tricks on us and we can feel responsible or feel guilt for things that have nothing to do with us. In fact, sometimes we can think about a person so much that it becomes an idol for us, and the best thing we can do is hand them over to God completely, and not think about them, and NOT pray for them. Say to God 'this person is your responsibility now and I'm handing it over to you, and if you want someone to pray for them, you'll have to get someone else to do it'. This is the best way I've experienced being able to get someone out of my sphere.

This is a start, but I believe if you start with these small steps, i.e. stop thinking about this person during the day, and stop praying for them, and reprent of making an idol out of them, I believe the dreams will start to lessen.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I know it could sound harsh, and if that's the last thing YOU want to do, you're probably quietly freaking out right now, but trust me, been there done that, bought the t-shirt.

Emmie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am

Have you ever spoken to this person since dreaming of him?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelee on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 am

@ Mia, no I haven't spoke to him in two years.

Leelee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 am

But you ended the relationship three years ago and I'm wondering how many dreams you had before the last time you spoke to him, but after breaking up with him.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelee on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:08 am

@ Mia, I have had over 100 dreams or more about this man but I don't just have dreams about him. I have dreams about other people too. Now I have had the opportunity to talk to them and they bear witnessed with the dream. One night I had a dream about my brother but I wasn't in the dream. He was the only person in the dream. I was able to read his thoughts pertaining to his life and his thoughts weren't good thoughts. I was able to tell him that I had this dream about him and he said the thought were the thoughts that he was having. So I begin to pray for him.

Leelee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelee on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:12 am

@ Mia, I didn't verbally speak to this man. He emailed me, and it will be three years in September.

Leelee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 am

Leelee,

I was thinking that was the case. That you were seeing into this person's life. I was asking the questions that I was asking because I was trying to determine from your dreams if you dream literally or symbolically. The dreams about him could represent someone else. For instance, dreaming about him coming to your house could represent speaking to him. If you did speak to him through phone calls, emails, etc., after the dream of him coming to your house that would mean that you were dreaming about him literally/symbolically.

However, your last post put away the need for questions. I do believe that you are called to pray for him because of your love for him. Love is a fuel that gets our prayers heard. Prayers that avail much require fervency and love is a fuel for fervency.

God is giving you these dreams to keep this person in prayer.

Hugs,

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelee on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:30 am

@ Mia, Thank you for your clarification.

Hugs,

Leelee

Leelee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Glad I'm not the only one...

Post by FutureMrsDM on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Leelee wrote:@ Mia, I have had over 100 dreams or more about this man but I don't just have dreams about him. I have dreams about other people too. Now I have had the opportunity to talk to them and they bear witnessed with the dream. One night I had a dream about my brother but I wasn't in the dream. He was the only person in the dream. I was able to read his thoughts pertaining to his life and his thoughts weren't good thoughts. I was able to tell him that I had this dream about him and he said the thought were the thoughts that he was having. So I begin to pray for him.

'm so glad I found this site because I've never heard of anyone even remotely experiencing what I have over the past 12 years. I keep having a dream about a particular man who I know only cordially, and in the dream we're a couple. I've dreamed of him over 100 times literally since 2002. I've even dreamed that we had just gotten married and of our parents only MY mom was present. I asked God why HIS mom wasn't there, then shortly after that dream HIS mom died. I asked God why MY dad wasn't there. Then MY dad died. I believe HIS dad will die before it comes to pass and only MY mom will be there of our parents. One Saturday I dreamed of him twice in the same night so the next morning (Sunday) I said, "God I am tired of dreaming this. If you are saying this man will be my husband, make him do something TODAY. I wanna see something TODAY!" Then I went to his church (He's a pastor.) We're only cordial, never dated, I've never told him about the dreams. Well after church I was sitting outside in a friend's car. He came walking up to the car so I rolled the window down. He reached in and took me by left hand and started rubbing my hand in that, "I like you kinda way." It was very different for him. He's very above board. Never does anything unbecoming of a Man of God. I asked if he had been getting rest. HE said, "Yes." I said, "No, you haven't." He said, "No, I haven't, but it is what it is." Then he asked me for my phone number. Said he wanted to call me sometimes. He never called but I still have the dream and I told God he will have to reveal it to him, as I will not pursue it or tell him. I really believe this man will be my husband someday. Glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. Will keep you all posted...

FutureMrsDM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:07 am

Leelee wrote: When we were in a relationship we would study the Bible together and pray together and we were going to get married. A lady from his past showed up and he started doing business with her. It seems like when she popped up he become my enemy. This woman is way older than him and she does wicket things. My friend is not the same. He would have never just walked out of my life, although I told him that we needed our space. We would have still been friends. This lady harasses me all the time. I just ignore her. I have had to change my telephone number, now she emails me and she will try to make it like she's someone else on twitter and on facebook, hoping the I will add her. She says profound things to me, like stop praying for him and I give him money. She tells me that he hates me. He was in love with me and we were best friends and she popped up. He also told her that he didn't like her and that he loved me. It has been three years and this woman continues to email me.
I find this strange... is this real life or drm? I assume real life.... Just my thoughts here but, if this women didnt show up & thngs were same would you have married this man?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 am

Just my opinion, but i do feel that u should pray for him, dreams might be literal or symbolic.. But the more u pray the more GOd will make it clearer to u...

also if this women is literal, pls pray that whatever ties he has w//her be broken. she has a very strong hold on him. which made him act 'not his normal self'. Sounds like someone brought in to destroy ur relationship... (which im not saying is from God, i do not know that for sure, but God will make it clear to u).

This women just doesnt feel right to me the things she does is not right.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top