Unprepared Bride on her Wedding day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unprepared Bride on her Wedding day

Post by HisImage on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I had this dream last night. I am uncertain what it symbolizes or if God is trying to tell me something. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!! :smile:

In the dream I was at someoneís home getting ready for my wedding. My emotions in the dream were a mixture of being calm, yet so happy and grateful that the moment was finally here. I put on what I thought was my wedding dress, until I looked at myself in the mirror and founded that I was wearing a 1940s/1950s inspired suit with a skirt. The skirt was long and went about five inches pass my knees. The material seemed liked wool and the color was very neutral (tan or gray). I also had on some stalkings that were a deep purple color and some heals that were from the 1940s/1950s era. My hair was neatly pinned up and I looked nice, but not at all what I desired to be wearing on my wedding day. I felt as though I was going down to the Justice of Peace to get married or attending church.

My mother and sister were present as I was getting ready and were very encouraging and supportive through the process. I didnít want to show them my disappointment of how I looked for my wedding day, and kept my feelings to myself. As we arrived at the church or venue for where I would be having my wedding I was hoping that a wedding dress would be awaiting me there. I tried to calm myself down and not become anxious because I knew that I should be focused on the fact that I was marrying a wonderful man regardless of how I looked. Everyone around me was excited and I wanted to be excited as well. Everyone was also running around getting prepared for the wedding.

I begin to become anxious again when I thought about who I was to marry. I suddenly was hoping that it was the man that God told me was to be my future husband (in real life). I begin to search for him in the crowds of people, hoping that I would see him, but not wanting to really be seen before the wedding. I saw a man who had similar features, but it was not him. In the dream I was uncertain of how I would feel if it wasnít the man I believed God told me was to be my future husband. I hoped and prayed that I had not heard God wrong. I shortly woke up and the dream was cut-off, so I never saw myself getting married in the dream.

HisImage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unprepared Bride on her Wedding day

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi there..
I think the dream might be your anxiousness... coming into your thoughts...
you are worried, u dont know what's going to happen... ur not completely ready (dress)...

I think it means to let all the thoughts go..and wait on the Lord.. His timing is perfect and nothing will go wrong when its time..

I had similar dreams also.... meant i wasn't ready.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisImage on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi SisterinChrist,

Thanks so much for your reply. I agree totally with what you are saying. I have been trying my best to align with God's timing and I am finding more everyday that I am becoming more at peace in this season that I am in. But of course, thoughts will creep in.

HisImage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:47 pm

you're welcome.. i know what you mean.. those thoughts creep in w/me all the time...
I just keep praying about it...

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:00 pm

When I dream about a wedding for me, and don't really know the groom, it's about a thing that I've made a commitment to... like volunteering at church, work, etc.

In this case, the thing you've committed to do, you feel disappointed with.

Is there anything you are doing now that you feel completely disappointed with or that you are settling for second best?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HisImage on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi Mia,

Thank you for replying!

I have been feeling lately like I'm not living up to my full potential or that I'm not pursuing the things God has for me aggressively. I even sometimes down play who I am in order to not stand out. I know though this is not God's plan for me and that I have to become more confident and disciplined. This gives me a lot to think about. This is really an area I struggle with. Thanks again for your comments.

HisImage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 am

His Image,

Pray. Where we have shortcomings, that is the only thing that we can do. ****HE***** who has begun a good work in you will carry it on to completion until Jesus returns. Which means we aren't getting changed overnight.

If we were able to fix ourselves and to be perfect people, we would not have needed Jesus. God is able to change you instantly if He wanted to but chances are He doesn't want to. He loves you like you are and is waiting for you to ask for His help. Have faith and don't stress, just ask and rest in Him.
Love,
Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top