Laundry room flooded!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laundry room flooded!!

Post by exo152 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 am

I dreamt last night that I walked into my laundry room and about two inches of water was on the floor (I recall thinking "this has to be about two inches of water"). I called to my husband, who was in the recliner in the family room watching tv, that the laundry room was flooded. He asked me about it but never got up to help (which irl would never happen!). I grabbed towels and tried mopping up the mess, but I realized the wood flooring was damaged. The boards stuck up, warped and in a couple of places the imprint of a bootheel deeply marred the water-softened wood. I remember thinking, "this floor is completely ruined and I don't have the finances to replace it."

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laundry room flooded!!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 am

Any other areas of your life that seem to be flooding right now? Anyone in those areas that are responding like your husband - inquiring, but not helping?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm

We, my brothers and I, are dealing with my mother's mental illness. It came to a head last week and we had to have her committed for evaluation. We have to meet tomorrow with her therapist to discuss treatment options. And, for some reason, I have become the "go-between"....the hospital calls me for everything, and then I have to relay the messages to my brothers, on top of caring for my elderly father, who has been ill this past week. Yeah, things DO feel like they are flooding in on me! As for the inquiring, but not helping that cannot be my brothers, as they have been as involved in this process as I (even in caring for our father). BUT it could be a lot of my elderly aunts, who have been calling almost daily, worrried about my mom, my dad and our family in general.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 pm

exo152 wrote: I remember thinking, "this floor is completely ruined and I don't have the finances to replace it."

If the dream applies to what you've shared, then I was thinking that this portion may be about praying for you, as you didn't have what you would need in the dream. It could be about a tangible need as well. I'll pray for you, just in case.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 am

THANK YOU!! You may be right as my husband's hours at work have been cut. I wondered if the damage to the floor could mean the damage of my mother's mental illness. It does seem as if she has little chance, without a miracle of God, for recovery. We have already been told that meds do not "fix" this one, only therapy. And being open to meeting with a therapist seems pretty impossible where she is concerned.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 am

So apparently this was a LITERAL dream!! I went to do laundry this morning and there was water standing under the washing machine, all over the wood floor. And my husband is at work, so I had to text him about it. Putting towels down, I thought, "and I don't have the money to replace this floor'.....so why does God give us literal dreams??

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 am

exo152 wrote:so why does God give us literal dreams??

I'm sorry to hear that this dream was literal!

There's a few reasons why God would give us literal dreams. For one, it's another way to invite us to seek him. It's also to comfort us! For me, literal dreams are a powerful reminder that the One who knows all things knew that this event was going to happen, that He is with me while it happens, and that He is my means of handling it. He is your supply, Exo!

I'm praying that He shows Himself as your Supplier during this...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 am

Thank you!! At least the water wasn't two inches deep and the damage to the floor wasn't as bad as in the dream!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top