Cousin marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cousin marriage

Post by yeshuailuv28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 pm

n

Last edited by yeshuailuv28 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

yeshuailuv28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cousin marriage

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi PF,

The Holy Spirit did not speak to me... my heart just went out to you and I wanted to hug you and pray for you.

There are plenty of examples in the bible of close relatives marrying, Abraham and Sarah shared a parent. Genesis 20: 11 "Abraham replied, “I said to myself, ‘There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.’ 12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife." That is immaterial however if the laws in your country prohibit first cousins marrying - as they do in Aust. The laws have been made because of the similarities in your DNA and the greater chance of birth defects in children... have you talked about whether you plan to have children?

Father I pray for calm and peace to flow over PF, and all of the family and the church concerned... I ask for your wisdom for PF and his/her cousin... may you help them to work through this situation in a way that honours you, and honours the love they feel, even if it does not lead them to marriage.

I ask Lord that you will cool tempers and lower the levels of indignation so that those who care about these two are able to share their concerns in an atmosphere of love, and in gentleness, even if what they have to say is not what the cousins were hoping to hear. Heal this hurting soul Lord God, cos' falling in love is not usually something we can help...

Blessings to you, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yeshuailuv28 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 am

n

Last edited by yeshuailuv28 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

yeshuailuv28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yeshuailuv28 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:11 am

n

yeshuailuv28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi PF :o)

Is it legal to marry your cousin where you live?

God bless xx

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yeshuailuv28 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 pm

n

yeshuailuv28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yeshuailuv28 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:21 pm

n

Last edited by yeshuailuv28 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

yeshuailuv28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 am

Keep praying and seeking God. Put all of your desires in his hands... and be patient. It is good that you were brought to repentance by the Holy Spirit, continue to walk humbly, God will lead you :o)

blessings to you, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yeshuailuv28 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 pm

n

Last edited by yeshuailuv28 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

yeshuailuv28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:25 am

yeshuailuv28 wrote:Is it true that if my cousin marries me, he cant be a pastor?

It's difficult to really pinpoint the right and/or the wrong in this situation because there aren't really a lot of clear answers in the Word. The only thing you can really be led by is GOD's leading in this...and make sure it's legal.

As far as not being allowed to be a Pastor? The Bible says that the gifts and calls of God are without repentance. If God calls you, then that's final. Man will try to put you in a box and make you do things their way, but God's way is whats important. Your cousin can be a Pastor, but to be honest, his journey may not be a smooth one. Many people may view the marriage as incestuous or vile...and because of that, there may be a rough journey ahead. Naturally, you both have to be willing to handle the possible backlash that may come your way during the marriage.

Sadly because the church is soooo judgmental, this situation may bring you heartache, but my question is, why does anyone have to know you are cousins? Unless there is a specific ministry the two of you are called to regarding being cousins and married, is it important for anyone to know? Can't you just be a married couple?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top