August 5th - "Bear With It" - Bump

View previous topic View next topic Go down

August 5th - "Bear With It" - Bump

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 am

In this dream, I was sitting at my desk in an English class.  It was prior to the class beginning, and I was trying to memorize a poem that was due soon.  Like, the assignment was that everyone had to have this poem memorized.  I opened my textbook to a bookmarked page, but I didn't find the poem there.  I checked the index to try to find the location of the poem, but I wasn't able to.  I had an idea what page it should be on, but as I flipped through the book, it seemed like the pages were numbered in reverse order, back to front.  However, I found an assignment sheet that said that this was due by August 5th, which was a Friday, so I had some time.  It didn't feel like August 5th was very far off, though.  I see that, in real life, August 5th is on a Monday.  

The class was just starting, and a man walked in.  I never saw his face.  There was also a woman with him, and I never saw her face, either.  Neither of these two were the teachers of the class, but they were in authority.  The man addressed the class, asking for a man and a woman to assist them.  There was a male who was chosen or volunteered, but there weren't any females, so the woman who was with him was going to do the woman's part.  The man had an award for me.  The award looked like a leather binder/portfolio kind of thing, and when he opened it there was a textured board worked into the lining.  You used this board to sharpen pencils by dragging them over the rough portion.  It felt fancy, even if it was unconventional.  As I was receiving this, I felt very honored, like I was in some very small percentile of whatever they were recognizing.  I was also embarrassed to have this done in front of everyone else.

The male who volunteered to help in the presenting was a guy that I've worked with - he's on a different shift, now.  He's rather...uncouth, outspoken and not very bright, but he has a decent heart.  He picked up the binder and was going to pin it to me, like a medal, using this metal, pencil-shaped spike.  As he moved to do so, he said the words, "Bear with it."

Last edited by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: August 5th - "Bear With It" - Bump

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm

do you feel like that date is literal for something in your life?

also did you feel like the medal was given because of something you had done? or were you wondering why you were receiving it?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi, Gracee -

I really don't know what to think of the date. As of right now, that date has no special significance. The feeling that I got when I saw it as the due date was more like I had another week to memorize the poem.

For the medal/award thing...I wasn't wondering. I was knew that I had performed exceptionally well (at something...whatever it was). So, in my waking life, I have no idea what that something is; but, in the dream, I was fully aware of having accomplished something.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 am

I believe that most of this dream manifested. I'm still uncertain about the poem-memorization assignment and the August 5th date at the beginning, but I'm pretty sure that the "award" part is done.

Basically, I had a conversation that same day with two individuals whom I typically don't care what they think of me. However, they asked me a few personal questions, and then praised me when they learned of some decisions that I've made - basically, unexpected things for someone my age, like being single and owning a home. They went on and on about that, saying good things - I was humbled to hear it, and a bit embarrassed, just like in the dream. There was more to it, including the "award," but I'll leave it at that.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 am

A friend of mine reminded me today that I had this dream with a date in it. I figured I should bump it just in case something happens today...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top