Fasting advice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fasting advice?

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 am

Hey do you guys have any pointers for fasting?

even if you wanted to explain your experiences or whatevrr, that would be awesome!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fasting advice?

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 am

There are so many different ways to fast. You can fast a meal or two, or you can fast all food for all or several days. There is also a 'Daniel's Fast'. In this fast, you can fast one or more items for several days. For intance, you can fast/abstain from any kind of sweets, or lets say meat...etc. My personal opinion is if you abstain from all food, please do drink a lot of water. Fasting can help purge and purify the body, and you need lots of fluids to push the toxins out. The most important thing is that you fast for whatever it is The Lord is asking you to fast from. When he ordains a fast, He gives us the grace to follow through on it. Another important key, when you decide to do it is to make sure this is a time that you have set aside time to seek and pray to The Lord. The bible talks about making sure that we keep our fasting between us and God. In my experiences with fasting...its good for me to make sure Im not going to be around a ton of people ect. Fasting without any food at all can make me quite emotional. God can really bring things out of my heart to be dealt with when I fast. This is just my personal experience though. Hope this helps somehow....

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Thankyou Daisy!! That helps so much!!

I was just wondering, I have a friend going into a major 3 day fast no food or water. i guess I'm a little worried for them..

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 am

I hear you! I would be a bit worried too. In my personal opinion, I sometimes wonder if this kind of fasting for this length of time is sometimes a work of the flesh, trying to get God to notice or hear them more. Our righteousness is in Him, and His blood...not our fasting. Dont get me wrong, fasting can be a spiritual thing. In my opinion though, sometimes I wonder what the motivation is, especially if they are telling others about it. Scripture is pretty specific about keeping these things between us and God, not 'appearing' to be spiritual to others. Im not judging your friend, just sharing my thoughts on what experiences I have had with others in the past.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:10 am

Thanks so much Daisy! Yeah I totally hear you, and maybe they are just going about it the wrong way - I really don't know. Hey, do you mind if I PM you? - they've asked certain things of me and I'm unsure what to do..

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 am

sure please do pm me

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 am

it may take me a little time to get to the pm, but I will be sure to answer you.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 am

No problem! Thanks Daisy

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:16 am

Sponsored content