The driving teen daughter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The driving teen daughter

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 am

What could it mean if a teenager is driving you and her Mom?

My friend's daughter was learning to drive, so we were the passengers. We were in Italy and driving on the opposite side of the street like the British do (IRL my friend does not live in Italy, they live here in the US). For the most part her daughter was doing fine. A couple of times other drivers had to swerve to miss us, though.

IRL my friend's kids are only 7 and 5 years old. This "daughter" was 14 years old. At first I thought we were driving on a closed road in one of those kid battery operated cars, but it turns out we were in a regular car on the regular road. That's when I asked my friend's daughter how old she was. I also started to speak French in the dream, but messed up on a word. The daughter corrected me and said the correct word was something else. The daughter was wondering why a particular French phrase meant one thing and I said it might be a different translation in English. We kept driving after that and I woke up.

Any thoughts?

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The driving teen daughter

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 am

Hi, tbsmilesbig -

I don't know that your dream is so much about something personal to you as it is for others that you're connected to. Is this particular friend in a situation that, all around, is foreign to them? If not this literal friend, does anyone else in your life stand out to you as being in such a situation (meaning that the people in your dream could just be placeholders)?

The realization that you weren't in a kid's car in a controlled environment, but were actually doing the real thing may reinforce that this person's situation is more real to them than others may understand. Comparing the real thing to a controlled setting could be like comparing a classroom/textbook example to a real life encounter of the same.

The whole interaction in French: You may be asked for input related to this person's situation. While you weren't 100% accurate with your French in the dream, you may not have perfect understanding in real life.

However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't help. Don't be afraid to encourage and share from your experiences...even if it's not a perfect match to their present situation.

Again, I was thinking that this dream is ultimately for your friend's sake.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top