Man In A White, Stained Robe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man In A White, Stained Robe

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:50 am

I was with my crew from work. We had just entered a small room, like we were going to have a meeting or something. There was a man, here, who was sitting in a chair and facing a wall. He was wearing a white robe, and when I looked at it closely, I could see that it had some stains on it. Now, our meeting didn't really have anything to do with this man - we would have passed him by and got straight to business. However, one of my guys simply could not keep himself from questioning this man on something that he knew about him which bothered him. So, my guy spoke to him in a half-accusing tone, yet still wanting to understand. Basically, this man was either getting divorced or had just done so, but while he was separated from his wife he had been intimate with someone else - and, apparently, it was actually ok in the minds of some divorce-type-therapists that he had been involved with. Meaning, he did these things while in the midst of his divorce at their advising. This knowledge bothered my coworker, which actually bothered me in the dream since I knew that my coworker had questionable morals, himself.

As I was watching this interaction, though, I received knowledge about this man in the robe. This man was here, sitting in this chair in a small room, because he had been in an accident - a motorcycle accident, I believe - and had damaged his brain. He was able to speak and all, but he had no real memory of who he was or what he had done in his past. Though my coworker was questioning him about his past, I felt that this was unfair. The man was no longer who he was before, and to try to hold him accountable for things that weren't even real to his present self didn't seem right.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man In A White, Stained Robe

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 am

Hi mark! Just my thoughts on this dream. When I read it, I think of Christ's righteousness all over this! I see the judgement of others as sometimes Christians can also be judgemental (while still doing things that are also sinful), basically self righteousness like the Pharisees. (Scripture says, our self. Righteousness is as filthy rags to God.) I see u having the perspective of Jesus...that he is no longer that man and its not really fair to hold him accountable for the things he did in his old life. I see the stains on his robe, his self condemnation for his past....how he views himself and how others view him. Basically, I see u at a higher level of thinking than those around u, having Gods perspective. Perhaps God will use u to remind others around u of the free gift of righteousness that is available in Jesus. Just some thoughts...Plz toss if its not a fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 am

You're right on, Daisy. Thank you for the confirmation! You were especially on with the Pharisees comparison. I left a detail out with this dream: The man doing the questioning began his speech by saying that he used to be an Army chaplain (not true in real life). Basically, that he was drawing from his own religious understanding to make these judgements.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think I'm free from those kinds of moments by any means. I will, though, be on the lookout for a specific interaction with someone that fits - and I'll follow up if I see it!

Thanks so much, my friend.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 am

Praise God!! Your so welcome Mark! Glad to have been a confirmation... :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top