Cheating on my husband

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheating on my husband

Post by misschris2014 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi all,
I am looking for help intrpreting a reoccurring dream. In this dream, I am cheating on my husband. In the dream, a man approaches me and sometimes I accept the proposition but other times, I reject. I never have sex, but I usually end up kissing another man. I usually dont remember that I am married until after I kiss the guy, then I remember as soon as we kiss. It is a different guy every time I have the dream, and sometimes I know the guy, sometimes I dont. I have had this dream sporadically since we got married, but lately I have been dreaming it every night, sometimes twice a night. The scary thing is that in the recent dreams, I do know that I am , married but I still make out with these guys anyway. Last night was even crazier because the man I kissed was a gay man claiming to be straight. Just craziness. It is very scary. I would ignore it, but I keep having the dream, so I think maybe God is saying something or showing something.

IRL, I have never and never would cheat on , my husband, even with a kiss. We have a great relationship and are very loving, and we are both Christians, we love God. I cant figure out why I keep having this dream. Can yall help?

misschris2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating on my husband

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Hmmm....what if the cheating is an exaggeration for a struggle with some other temptation?

The symbolism of marriage could be some other commitment. Are you obligated to anything, say, work or ministry related where you see yourself struggling with a kind of compromise?

Maybe it would help to look for something that, in the past, you were more innocent to what was going on - not remembering your marriage until afterwards. Nowadays, though, I would imagine that thing line up more with your recent dreams where you're more aware beforehand?

It would make sense that others are approaching you on these things as that's the way the interactions happened in the dream. Meaning, you didn't necessarily seek them out on your own.

Does this help you identify anything that the dream may relate to in your waking life?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misschris2014 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:30 am

Goodness! This is wonderful and thank you for replying. I know I am replying almost a year late- I didn't realize that you had responded and this is a very thorough and thoughtful reply. I know that during that time, I had been very open to different ideologies and ideas of the secular world, but that were not God's plan. For instance, I had found myself wondering whether people could possibly be born gay, or for example wondering "What if I have been wrong the whole time about Christianity and Jesus?" These were little sneaking thoughts that I never fully embraced, but would pop up from time to time. I believe God was telling me to totally divorce those thoughts and cling to God's word as the guide for all of my questions. Thus I think you were right on target- I was struggling with the temptation of believing the worlds ideologies instead of the truths of Christ.

misschris2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:37 am

idea grt interp mark, thumbs 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:46 pm

Sponsored content