Stuck in the snow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in the snow

Post by The Bird on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:18 am

Last night I had a dream where my dad and mom and I were driving on the freeway to get home. On the way home, our car had to stop because in front of us the entire freeway was covered in snow. There were cars buried in the snow. Right before us was a whirlwind of snow coming from a blue sky. The snow was at least 5 feet deep or more so we couldn't go even with our chains if we wanted to. My dad had made the remark that we should have gone on the overpass instead of the straight freeway. Which I didn't understand since the overpass went through the mountains and it was snowing in the mountains. I don't know what this means. Can someone please explain it to me? Thank you!

The Bird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck in the snow

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 am

Greetings -

Is there anything in your life right now where the path before you seems completely blocked? Where, even if you wanted to, you just won't be able to go this way?

If so, then I want to share this thought: When I read your dream, I didn't feel that being unable to go this route was necessarily a bad thing - your real life circumstances that keep you from continuing on this road may actually be God's protection. The freeway could represent a path that's rather mainstream. You may wonder why so many others are able to go this route, yet it seems that you can't. However, in your dream you did see that there were cars buried in the snow - so, it's not necessarily safe!

To take an alternate route through the mountains may be a path that God shows you that doesn't necessarily make sense to your own understanding.

Just some thoughts.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bird on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:24 am

Thanks Mark for your comments. Their are two things that comes to my mind that I am stuck on 1) getting pregnant. I have tried for the last seven years and have been very unsucessful to the point of giving up. 2) is getting resolution and restoration with my husband's family which has been an uphill battle to the point of giving up as well. Both of these issues have drained all the energy out of me and has me questioning my relationship with God as well as his direction on what I need to do to move on with both of these issues.

The Bird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

This has nothing to do with your dream, but I would like to encourage you concerning your desire for a baby. I too tried for years to concieve, to the point that I even became angry with God. I mean, here I was, a devoted child of his, who had loved and served him since I was fourteen and couldn't get pregnant, versus my sister in law who could get pregnant at the drop of a hat and if she chose to abort the baby, then so what?
God got my attention through His Word and godly servants and showed me a simple fact---every woman in the Bible who was barren, HE opened her womb and gave her a SON. He reminded me he is the same, yesterday, today and forever, that He does not change, and if He couild do that for Sarah, for Rebecca, for Hannah, for Elizabeth, etc. He could do it for me. He didn't love them more than me. NOTHING was impossible for him. I began trusting him and commiting my barreness to him. Two years later I conceived my first son, born nine years after my husband and I married. We now have three children, two sons and a daughter, all miracles. The doctor who delivered our youngest child when I was 36 years old, told my husband that my body wasn't made for it---not the conception, not the pregnancy, not the delievery. He was mystified.
I have said all that to say this. There is nothing too hard for our God. He is no respecter of persons. What he did for me he can do for you. Psalm 113:9
Lifting you up in prayer!!
P.S. I also had problems with the inlaws. After I committed that to God and reasoned that they were just different and I would never understand them, I was able to forgive them. Today we get along just fine.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bird on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 am

Thank you exo152 for your words of encouragement. I greatly appreciate that. But I don't know if my two issues is what is causing me to dream about being stuck in the snow.

The Bird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top