Flowers in dreams??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flowers in dreams??

Post by exo152 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 am

I recently had a dream which included both beautiful, lush flowers and dead, dried flowers. Does anyone know what flowers symbolize in dreams?

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flowers in dreams??

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am

Hmmm...could be a handful of things, depending on the dream, itself. Were you involved with the flowers or just an observer? Did you recognize the flowers, and would any particular kind have special meaning to you?

If your dream had both types of flowers, as you said, then it could be more of a symbol to contrast the conditions of two things in your life. So many ways it could go depending on the rest of the dream - like if you had to choose one over the other, or if you had grown both of them, or if they were gifts, etc.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm

In the dream I was picking the dead flowers, trying to make a bouquet. My attention was then drawn to the beautiful flowers that were growing nearby, but even though I knew they were growing on our land, I didn't want to pick them because thier vibrant color would look out of place with the color scheme I was putting together with the dead flowers.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Interesting. I have another question or two, then: You said that the vibrant colored flowers would look out of place if they were added to the dead ones that you had already accumulated. The lively, vibrant flowers were rightfully yours.

So, while you were making a bouquet of dead flowers, did you have any feelings about it? Were you satisfied with what you were working on? Did you stick with the dead bouquet for any particular reason rather than make a new one out of the vibrant ones?

In real life, what are you involved in where taking what is rightfully yours and adding it in is something you'd choose not to do because of the clash it would cause within where you're laboring?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:53 pm

In the dream I was gathering a bouquet for my mother-in-law. I had a plaid ribbon, autumn-toned, that I was trying to match the flowers to. My attention was brought to the other flowers when a unknown man walked over to them and began placing golden colored grains (?) around them. I knew in the dream what he was doing would help the flowers grow. And I also knew they were our flowers as they were growing in our yard. I considered adding them to the bouquet but knew the deep purplish-blue color would not match the autumn tones I was working with and they would show up the shabbiness of the other flowers. I reasoned that it would be okay because my mother-in-law wouldn't care. She would like whatever I presented her with.
I am not sure about the last part you asked me. I hadn't thought about it that way. I will give it some thought and prayer. Thanks!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top