gas station drama queen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gas station drama queen

Post by Daisy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I had a dream I was with a friend of mine I have recently decided to cut out of my life. I dreamed that we were back to being friends. Somehow we were getting ready to go somewhere. I think I may be forgetting some of the dream, bc I didnt record it down this morning when it was fresh in my mind. For some reason I felt like I was going to have surgery. I cant remember exactly which part of my body, im thinking for some reason it was my stomach (irl I dont have issues with my stomach). So this old friend of mine (who by the way I found out the hard way, she is NOT a safe person!), was with me going into a gas station. I was planning on being generous, and buying both her kids and all the other kids and adults who were waiting for us elsewhere things at the gas station. I felt like I was making up to her by being extra generous for cutting her off. I felt bad for cutting her off (this feeling is true to how I feel in real life. I feel guilty for not keeping her in my life. I hate to reject anyone, but she is NOT a safe person and cannot be trusted. I dont hate her, I just dont trust her). I remember seeing my old friends daughter in the dream, she had her usual very sweet smile on her face (our daughters used to be close, one reason why I was hesitant to cut this relationship off...dragging the friendship out way too long irl). I also seen her other very close friend in the gas station. Her name is Shalom IRL, and I greeted her in the dream. I was talking to her, wondering how she and her family was doing. As I was looking for items in the gas station, I was looking specifically for juice. There were these single serving glass bottles of juice, on the lower shelf right below the cash register. I remember noticing that almost every juice was only half full. I was glad I noticed before I purchased them. I started going through the juices, moving them around to find some fully filled ones. I did find a couple, after much searching through the stacked piles. Then I realized that I didnt have enough money to pay for everyone to get a treat like I planned in the beginning. Instead of just telling the cashier I no longer wanted ALL the items, I started bawling about it!!!! crying It was kind of like I ended up committed to buying these items before I actually bought them. I was telling my story about how I was about to get surgery, and I couldn't afford these items. In the end, I felt like I had the favor of the gas station attendant, but felt a little embarrassed and sort of manipulative about the whole situation. I think I should add, there is no way in the world that I will EVER reconcile this friendship to the point that she is ever in my inner circle again. Like I said, shes not safe, and my trust will not be restored in her. Her character is not stable.

EOD

Any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: gas station drama queen

Post by Deborah on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi Daisy! I've experienced something similar with someone I thought was my friend until I realized her friendships were always short-term friendships because she talks about people behind their backs.

The Bible says we are to guard our hearts because out of our hearts flow the issues of life; it also says out of our bellies shall flow living water. In this dream you are having stomach surgery perhaps to repair being kicked in the gut so to speak by this "friend?"

Then you are desiring to nourish her but you don't have the provision to do it. Perhaps this is because God hasn't given you the grace to nourish this person physically, emotionally or any other way. One hard lesson I've had to learn is I am not equipped to nourish everyone. This is why the Body of Christ needs to work together--you can reach people I can't reach and vice versa.

So these are my thoughts; I hope they have been helpful.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:09 pm

These thoughts have been very helpful Deborah! Thank you very much! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:32 am

you\\'re welcome!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down