Repost - Love letters and gifts never opened

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Repost - Love letters and gifts never opened

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 am

Hi,

I was dreaming that I was at an elderly widow's house. I know whom I was dreaming about, (they are not a widow nor elderly, and not female either) I think that the widow is symbolic for this person. anyway, in one part I found some love letters and gifts hidden on a beam (up near the roof where the ceiling should be) that the widow had never found and so had never seen/read, they were left for her by her husband who had loved her dearly.

What do you make of them being on a high beam like that? Do you think that it is God who is the husband in the dream?

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Repost - Love letters and gifts never opened

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 am

Hi, Diane!

I was thinking that God is the husband in this dream.

How is this person doing in real life? Does he need encouragement? For these gifts and letters to be up so high...it could be that this person needs some help in getting them. Does it seem to them that expressions of God's love are hidden...since, in the dream, these things were never found/seen by the one that they are intended for?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes, definitely!

In the dream, the widow was completely oblivious to their existence... they had sat on top of the beam and gathered dust for her whole life. I was helping her with something on a high shelf, so while I am on the chair I find the packages and bring them to her... the dream ended there.

Yes, I think he could definitely do with encouragement. It seems that I am in a position to do that. I would not have thought so!

The love comes from God, not from me, so it seems that the encouragement he needs is to know how much God loves him. I think that I will need to pray and ask God to give me the packages... If I just find verses that are meaningful to me, they may not hit the spot at all.

At least I know what to do with it now.... thanks so much Mark.

Have a wonderful day :o)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Did you have any sense of how long ago the individual was widowed and what manner of death their spouse had died?

Also, how was the widow coping with the loss in your dream? Had she become a recluse? bury the emotions somewhere beneath the surface? etc...

Did you get any sense of how her marriage had been before her husband died?

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 am

Hi Christi,

The Widow was symbolic, the dream is actually about a man who is not old and is married. But, in the dream, I knew that the widow had been a widow for a long time. the gifts had been there a long time, they were wrapped in oil cloth, very dusty on the outside, but perfect inside. (I didn't see the gifts, I just know they were preserved) The widow's house was cluttered, like a lot of old ladies houses are, it was pleasant being there, she was working at her desk... she struck me as someone who had long ago accepted and come to terms with being a widow... I am aware that while I liked her, it is not a good symbol for a man - who is not old! I think it speaks about stagnation, aloneness, sadness, acceptance of circumstances... it would be ok in the widow I saw, but it is not really the way a younger person should be viewing the world.

Thanks Christi :o)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top