carrying a gun through a grade school

View previous topic View next topic Go down

carrying a gun through a grade school

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am

In real life, the area where I live has more and more crime--rapes, thefts, vandalism and shootings. My husband is a registered gun owner and showed me how to use his gun two days ago to defend myself should someone break into our home. A teenager who lived with us 3 months (but moved out about a week ago at my request) was caught by the police for slashing tires three days ago.

In my dream, I was walking through a grade school. Everyone was friendly. Then I realized to my horror I was carrying a gun that was hidden under my coat. It was like I had forgotten it was there and I was afraid someone would see it and accuse me of evil intentions. I looked for an exit to the school. The exit was blocked off due to construction work and I had to walk a long way to another exit. I think I got out of the school but I was very, very nervous. Of course I intended no harm to anyone.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: carrying a gun through a grade school

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am

Hi, Deborah -

Just some thoughts: To me, the gun in your dream is the potential for misunderstanding in an otherwise friendly and innocent situation. Don't know if there are any gatherings coming up in your life, but it could relate if that's the case.

In your dream, no one saw the gun - it was concealed. This could be something you're thinking or feeling, but never actually express while you're in this situation.

I'm not entirely certain about the construction going on around the exit. Part of me thinks that it could actually be literal construction that you notice in this circumstance. It could also just be symbolic for whatever causes you to find another way out of the this situation - could be that you'll have to avoid interaction in a roundabout fashion or something?

Again, just some thoughts.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 am

Ah, good thoughts,Mark! I will keep them in mind!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarzanbeta on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

The grade school is the world.

The gun is the message.

The coat is your security.

The exit that is under construction is the last day.

The exit that is a long walk away is the natural exit.

You fear spreading the Word because you fear that people will no longer like you or respect you.

The Word is a sword. The sword of today is a firearm. The message is delivered via the firearm. Think of the bullet as the seed - it either will enter into a person, humbling them, but also strengthen them because of the healing; or it will enter into a person and cause them to burn and to suffer because of it.

People do not like to be shot; just like people do not like to be cut.

This is what people perceive to be the spreading of God's message. And because you understand that perception, you secure yourself by covering yourself and your intentions.

The change at the last day is not happening just yet. It would seem that you still have to walk through the world still yet in order to get out.

As a disclaimer, as I have read all of the guidelines of this website, and I have read enough of the posts on this website to know who the veterans here are, and I understand the importance of discerning spirits. Seeing as how there are no tests available for interpretation in the Interpretation Test forum at the moment, I have answered this one as a test. Let it be noted. As much as I would like to claim that everything I have said is just my opinion for my own security, it would not be wise. For if the things I have said are from God, then I would be lying and taking credit for what is not mine. As well, it's always up to the listener to choose what they will hear. Basically, it seems redundant to say, "I could be wrong." I have nothing to gain but hopefully connections to others that understand so that I will not have to feel so lonely in the convictions given to me and also the help from others to understand some of my own dreams - I do my best to keep my bias out of my own interpretations; but sometimes the bias becomes so strong that it clouds my ability to pay attention. So I am also asking for help with understanding the dream I have posted. You will find it.

tarzanbeta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 am

Well spoken tarzanbeta.

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Your dream reminds me of everything that's going on in the news.The recent school shooting followed by gun control has everyone talking and thinking. I know that gun control issues have my husband and brother wanting to own more guns before they are completely banned. Could your dream perhaps come from guilty feelings of having a gun and knowing how to operate it? any human being who has a heart is in mourning for the lives that were senselessly lost..then on the other hand, what about our rights to defend ourselves? There are many who feel strongly on both sides of the fence...anyway, it just sounded like a dream that may come from conflicted feeling about the events and owning a gun just the same..just some thoughts..God bless!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes,Laura I think you are right on. I see guns as necessary protection in a fallen world and yet they repulse me at the same time. I know Mia always says to pay attention to our feelings in dreams. I know I was very uncomfortable with the gun in my dream just as I would in real life. My heart's desire is to see people healed, saved and set free which is why I've been a part of city-wide evangelistic crusades in my town and other towns versus shooting and harming/killing people.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 pm

tarzanbeta wrote:
As a disclaimer, as I have read all of the guidelines of this website, and I have read enough of the posts on this website to know who the veterans here are, and I understand the importance of discerning spirits. Seeing as how there are no tests available for interpretation in the Interpretation Test forum at the moment, I have answered this one as a test. Let it be noted. As much as I would like to claim that everything I have said is just my opinion for my own security, it would not be wise. For if the things I have said are from God, then I would be lying and taking credit for what is not mine. As well, it's always up to the listener to choose what they will hear. Basically, it seems redundant to say, "I could be wrong." I have nothing to gain but hopefully connections to others that understand so that I will not have to feel so lonely in the convictions given to me and also the help from others to understand some of my own dreams - I do my best to keep my bias out of my own interpretations; but sometimes the bias becomes so strong that it clouds my ability to pay attention. So I am also asking for help with understanding the dream I have posted. You will find it.
Hello tarzanbeta, I'm not sure I understand the statement above fully.? I just wanted to say that we welcome feedback and the purpose of the interpretation test is to help people to understand dreams and visions. If you already have this gifting, then we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us before choosing who will have the title of Dream Interpreter or Moderator. Unfortunately we aren't always online to keep the interpretation test going, but you can request to be tested. It's not only interpretations that are being looked at, but also character and integrity. Until then we ask that all new members please understand that as shepherds of the flock The Lord allows us to tend, we must take measures to protect it. I do realize our rules can be discouraging to newcomers who have full giftings, but since there are wolves out there (as we have learned the hard way) We must continue to uphold them.
If you would like to request an interpretation test, please contact us (the moderators) after you have posted 50 posts and we will set one up for you. 50 is the limit everyone must reach before being able to send and receive personal messages. The dreams and visions we post in the interpretation test have already fully manifested, it's not the case with the dreams that are posted in this section so if the interpretation is wrong, it can be misleading to others.
I hope I have not discouraged you, of course this is a ministry designed to equip the saints, but it is also a place we can build each other up and encourage each other to continue seeking Jesus face above anything else. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Deborah wrote:Yes,Laura I think you are right on. I see guns as necessary protection in a fallen world and yet they repulse me at the same time. I know Mia always says to pay attention to our feelings in dreams. I know I was very uncomfortable with the gun in my dream just as I would in real life. My heart's desire is to see people healed, saved and set free which is why I've been a part of city-wide evangelistic crusades in my town and other towns versus shooting and harming/killing people.
I feel the same exact way...very conflicted about the whole thing. huggins

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarzanbeta on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:52 pm

daphanie02 wrote:
tarzanbeta wrote:
Hello tarzanbeta, I'm not sure I understand the statement above fully.? I just wanted to say that we welcome feedback and the purpose of the interpretation test is to help people to understand dreams and visions. If you already have this gifting, then we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us before choosing who will have the title of Dream Interpreter or Moderator. Unfortunately we aren't always online to keep the interpretation test going, but you can request to be tested. It's not only interpretations that are being looked at, but also character and integrity. Until then we ask that all new members please understand that as shepherds of the flock The Lord allows us to tend, we must take measures to protect it. I do realize our rules can be discouraging to newcomers who have full giftings, but since there are wolves out there (as we have learned the hard way) We must continue to uphold them.
If you would like to request an interpretation test, please contact us (the moderators) after you have posted 50 posts and we will set one up for you. 50 is the limit everyone must reach before being able to send and receive personal messages. The dreams and visions we post in the interpretation test have already fully manifested, it's not the case with the dreams that are posted in this section so if the interpretation is wrong, it can be misleading to others.
I hope I have not discouraged you, of course this is a ministry designed to equip the saints, but it is also a place we can build each other up and encourage each other to continue seeking Jesus face above anything else. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I am not interested in any titles.

I came to get help interpreting my dream.

I am also testing the character and the spirit here. Please go and interpret my dream if it is given to you to perform.

Thank you very much daphanie for your help.

tarzanbeta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Love this whole scripture!

Psalm 91:1-16 (NIV)
[1] He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [2] I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” [3] Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. [4] He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. [5] You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, [6] nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. [7] A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. [8] You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. [9] If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the Lord, who is my refuge— [10] then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. [11] For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; [12] they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. [13] You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. [14] “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. [15] He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. [16] With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”  

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Yes Laura, Psalm 91 is one of my favorite passages. The supernatural protection God provides is so awesome. I recently posted about how my family and I were supernaturally protected from losing our home and maybe our lives in an electrical fire. And this is part of the reason I'm weighing the gun debate in my head. Is owning a gun lack of faith? Yet heroes of the faith used weapons--David had stones and a sling, for example. So apparently this debate is showing up in my dreams. Thanks again for taking the time to look at my dream.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarzanbeta on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Remember that God sought to glorify David as the King of Israel.
Remember that God sought to glorify Himself in the ancient times through the Jews versus the rest of the world. He made an example of them to show the world His character.

This is not that world. God is not seeking to glorify Himself through war anymore - or else He wouldn't have sent us the "Prince of Peace", Jesus Christ the Lord.

tarzanbeta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 pm

In my dream, I was walking through a grade school. Everyone was friendly. Then I realized to my horror I was carrying a gun that was hidden under my coat. It was like I had forgotten it was there and I was afraid someone would see it and accuse me of evil intentions. I looked for an exit to the school. The exit was blocked off due to construction work and I had to walk a long way to another exit. I think I got out of the school but I was very, very nervous. Of course I intended no harm to anyone.

My initial thoughts as I read this dream was that this is a feelings dream about your recent decision in regard to the teenager who'd been living with you. I feel that the Lord wishes to impart some wisdom to you during this time of preparation for your future (thus the blocked exit due to construction).

I think He's using your recent decision about the teenager to show you that you needn't fear defending your stance on something when your heart is in the right place. Take comfort, no one is judging you for your stance in this matter. They're on your side. I also think you forgetting that the gun was there symbolizes that perhaps you'd forgotten you had this strength in you.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank you, Christi. So what do you think this wisdom is?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm not sure Deb. I would pray about it but I feel it relates to being more at peace with yourself, worrying less about what others think and addressing a persistent anxiety of having to defend yourself and intentions to others.

In other, slightly rewritten terms, your Husband is a registered gun owner. He showed you how to use His authority to defend yourself should a thief attempt to disturb the peace of your home.

Cast your burden on the Lord, releasing the weight of it, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). - Psalm 55:22AMP

Last edited by christi85 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *needed to add more detail to my response.)

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Meh... scratch the above with the exception of, "I'm not sure Deb. I would pray about it..." part and the scripture, psalms 55:22.

I do, however, feel like the other post is pretty close. Take what bears witness with you, pray about it with Him and leave the rest.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm

"In other, slightly rewritten terms, your Husband is a registered gun owner. He showed you how to use His authority to defend yourself should a thief attempt to disturb the peace of your home."

This part actually really spoke to me, thank you!!!! This young man was a thief who tried to disturb the peace in my home and when he left, we all felt a SIGNIFICANT change for the better.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Deborah wrote:"In other, slightly rewritten terms, your Husband is a registered gun owner. He showed you how to use His authority to defend yourself should a thief attempt to disturb the peace of your home."

This part actually really spoke to me, thank you!!!! This young man was a thief who tried to disturb the peace in my home and when he left, we all felt a SIGNIFICANT change for the better.

Awh, I'm glad to hear that Deb. laugh and I told you to fahgehttabout it, shows how much I know!

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm

lol!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down