Long dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long dreams

Post by lola21st on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:53 am

Is there any significance to long dreams? Those that are pages long when you write them out and have a lot of activity and/or detail? Is there just a lot of filler with a pretty straightforward message once you cut through the "stuff" or does everything have meaning?

Just trying to get a handle on how to approach these types of dreams...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long dreams

Post by Cholette on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Lurdy's that is a GREAT question because some of my dreams are like "glimpses" and others are like stories that are LONG! I am interested in hearing what others say about this.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:59 am

This is a tough question Lola. I had a fairly long dream one night that I thought didn't mean anything at all because this dream did not stand out to me in anyway. Basically in one part of that long dream I was around a large swimming pool and I saw one of my friends there and she said she was there to swim. Just over a week ago I was talking to that friend and out of the blue she told me that she was going swimming some time next year. I was shocked and I asked her what? and she repeated what she told me. That was when I realized that a small portion of that dream came true. So even when dreams are long they can be significant in some ways. Perhaps in a long dream at times bits and pieces of it might come true at various points in time so do pay attention to those dreams.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:33 pm

That's a good point, Butterfly. Even in one of the dreams that I had recently that prompted me to ask the question, one piece of it has since come true...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:05 am

I wonder if there may be a connection between feelings and long dreams? That perhaps the focus of the dream should be where your feelings were strongest?

At least in two recent long dreams that I had, I'm finding that the parts of these dreams where I felt the strongest emotion are the parts that have since come true...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:46 am

Mia always says to pay attention to how you are feeling in the dream because that can give you a better understanding to the context of the dream. Maybe you are right...in long dreams, pay attention to those parts where the emotions are obvious.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 am

Hi Lola. Emotions are very very important and can reveal a lot. I will say in terms of all dreams that one must be balanced at all times. I believe that most dreams originate from our personal thoughts and feelings about a situation or situations going on in our own lives and what is going on around us in the world. In terms of emotions I believe that in a dream emotions can reflect our own personal, thoughts and feelings about a situation. That is why I said that your question was tough to answer. In alot of dreams with emotions I believe that for the most part it is really about our own feelings about situations in our life. I believe that in order to study dreams seriously one has to be aware that not all dreams come from God and that some of our own dreams reflect our own psychological state, our own feelings and thoughts. In the same breath God does gives us dreams about things going on in our lives. The tough part for me is learning to differentiate psychological dreams from dreams from God. I also believe that some dreams can be a combination of both. What has happened to me is that sometimes my dreams are a mix. So for e.g I have dreams that are a reflection of my own pyschological state and sometimes in that dream God may show me some things. I think God does this on purpose to help me to learn to differentiate between psychological dreams and dreams from God.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top