Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jazzy

Holy Spirit restrained my tongue

One day after class last week, me and a couple people from class were talking about a powerpoint presentation. I looked over it the night before, but while browsing through that night I stopped at one slide because there was a picture the author posted to depict how a professional man should dress. I know this may be offensive, but in my opinion I had a thought the male models looked kind of gay (sorry!)

So when me and the two other people were discussing the powerpoint, we came to that exact slide. One classmate, female, who sat next to me said the male models looked sexy. I said oh no, they look..... (blank) :nocomment: I wanted to say they looked gay, but I couldn't get the word out; it was like my mouth was muted. Before I was about to say gay, I had a slight quickening feeling, sort of like a small adrenaline rush and my senses felt very alert. From the corner of eye I saw my other classmate, male, who we were also talking with and remembered he was gay, or thought to be by others. All of this occurred within milliseconds. I then said ummm.... they look Scratch Chin... they just need belts, they're not even wearing belts! They didn't even notice what I was originally going to say. I left class thanking God for guarding my words because there's no telling how deeply I would have hurt that guy's feelings. I would have felt horrible every other time I saw him. Sometimes you just don't know how badly words hurt others. I am so grateful that God brought that to my attention beforehand.

Psalm 141:3
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.

I love it!!! That was protection from something that you were not ready for! God loves us so much. I rejoice with you!

Thank you Mark and Cholette! I am unsure if he is saved and a believer or not, but I am starting to feel God may want me to set a Christian example to him by me maintaining Godly character. I also feel it was a check for me to re-evaluate a few things about myself.