Married To An Ex

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married To An Ex

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 am

In real life, this woman is happily married with three children.

The dream begins with me in my house, "B" was there, and I knew that she was single...for whatever reason. We were working together on various household chores. As things went on, I became aware that we were "together." In fact, it was as if we were married by the end of the day. At one point, her kids were going to go outside to play, and I wasn't sure right away that it was a good idea. Actually, she only had two girls. When they both went out the front door, I went over to it, but I asked "B" if this (allowing them to go outside) was something that we wanted them to do. This question really stands out to me, because I was asking her so that we would be united in whatever we chose for these kids. It felt strongly like being in agreement was important. We ended up letting them play outside.

Back inside, I found her in the kitchen - the setup was a little different from my literal kitchen. She was cleaning dishes, but they were sitting on the stove. One of the burners was on, and it was really heating up the dishes. I told her to be careful with those since they were very hot. When she left the room for some reason, I saw that the burner flame was being blown by wind. I turned around and found a small window was open - so, I closed it to prevent a fire. From there, I picked up some type of dish and began washing peanut butter off of it. It was a bit difficult to remove, and when "B" saw me she blamed someone that she had got the dish from, saying, "Oh, so-and-so, why would you do that?"

At this point, her parents entered my house, unannounced. That bothered me a little bit, that they would now have an open door whenever they wished, but I accepted that this was part of the relationship - and they seemed to be in approval of us. And I was incredibly happy that I was with her.

I suddenly realized that the day was coming to an end, and now I began to panic when I thought about how we had got into this situation (the relationship). Everything felt like we were married, but I couldn't remember having a ceremony. I was certain that there wasn't one. I also didn't remember there being any documentation of our marriage, and that bothered me a great deal. I remember thinking that I never signed anything.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Married To An Ex

Post by Chi on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 am

Hi WhiteShadow,

I get the sense that you might feel as though you have made a commitment to something that you only suddenly realize because it is something that you wouldn't quite naturally agree with or wasn't ready for? I wonder whether your reluctance eventually turns to happiness in terms of the commitment, your feelings in the dream really stand out to me!

These are just my thoughts
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am

Chi wrote:I wonder whether your reluctance eventually turns to happiness in terms of the commitment

Thanks, Chi. I feel you're on the right track. I have very few marriage-themed dreams, and I believe I know what they relate to. As you said, the feelings are important, here...and they mirror the emotions I've felt throughout what this relates to. From the dream, though, things look like they're going to progress towards more and more positive things.

I also want to say that unlike many of my dreams that relate to a specific event/incident, I think this dream is more about the progression of things over time - meant to encourage me for the long term.

Thanks much,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 am

Pleasure thumbs

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down