Alligator ride and dr suess character

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alligator ride and dr suess character

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:58 am

I had a dream me and someone else (cant remember who) were on a stream or a river and we were riding on an aligator. There came a point where we hopped off onto a bank and took a break. We went to get back onto the aligator, and the aligator was mad, really mad! It turned its head while we were on its back and made some angry noises. It was obvious that it no longer wanted us to ride along with him. We hopped off again, and it swam away without us. It seemed that I should have been afraid, but fear didnt seem to be in this dream. Maybe I felt a little intimidation when it was growling and making angry noises at us..but thats it. Then me and whoever I was with started swiming in the river on our own. I was a little nervous at this point, bc I didnt want any creature to touch me. IRL I am not a super strong swimmer, but in this dream I was gliding with ease. I remembered looking into the water, and there were really beautiful fish glowing brightly amung us! I remember thinking how beautiful they were...and was amazed.

scene two
I was with a group of people. We were all talking and having a good time. At some point one of the people turned into a life size cat and the hat character, from dr suess books. This character was talking super rude to me. IRL I am not confrontational at all. In the dream I callled this character out right away. I said, "I realize you are upset, but the way you are speaking to me is very hurtful. It is not ok for you to talk to me this way, and hurts my feelings." I remember thinking to myself, 'Wow, that was really vulnerable of me to share my feelings in front of all
these people.'

EOD

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alligator ride and dr suess character

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 am

Hi, Daisy -

For the first scene - Is there any area of your life where you (and possibly your family) had to depend upon someone else to get you through a situation in the past...and now you're returning from a break to navigate this situation some more? However, this time around it's clear that you should not rely on this person for the help you got in the past?

I say all that, but I'm thinking that you may not have seen the alligator's anger, yet, and that the dream is meant to encourage you to go on without this help when you do. It won't be difficult for you, you won't be touched by the things that cause you anxiety, and you'll be amazed at the things that God shows you when you do.

In the 2nd scene, I think it's about a literal confrontation you're soon to have with someone who says something to offend you. I don't know who the Dr. Seuss character represents, but I was thinking that it could be someone who has all the appearances of someone fun, friendly and safe - maybe someone associated with children?

When you put that person in their place, was there any final resolution? An apology or something?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks mark, I will def post as things manifest! : )

As far as an apology goes, I can't remember. It seems with this question u ask, it makes me realize the point that stood out the most, is that I stood up for myself (there have been many examples in the past where this was NOT the case u fortunately). Thanks for ur help Mark!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top