Chapter 1 - Oh no! NOT EVER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chapter 1 - Oh no! NOT EVER

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Are you ready? I said, looking at my watch and mentally ccalculating exactly how many minutes late we were going to be.

I detested looking for seats after praise and worship had started. It's hard to tell how many seats are together while people are all standing and swaying about. And standing on the end of aisle after aisle, looking as though I had just learned to count, while trying to find seats isn't exactly my favorite either

"C'mon. I'd rather not go than be late again!" I huffed, leaning against the garage door as though my waiting in that particular location would be the catalyst to actually make leaving happen.

I hated being a spectacle. I would prefer to slink into my seat, with nobody watching, and to remain invisible all through the service, until the very end, when I could then slink back to my car while all the while escaping everyone's notice. I couldn't help my preference for slinking about: Socially speaking, I am a "special-needs" person. One of two things can happen in any given social encounter. A.) I babble incessantly, bouncing from one subject to the next, without stopping, breathing, or making any sense, until the object of my babbling politely excuses themselves, or, B.) Stare blankly at the other party, unable to think of a single thing to say, until the other party politely excuses themselves. Rather than continually suffering through this over and over, I prefer to slink.

Finally, the rest of the group flounced down the hallway and we were on our way. They probably didn't actually flounce but the irritation was still fresh in mind, so flounce they did.

My nerves frazzled by the stress of being late, I drove silently to church while allowing a message from my favorite preacher to soothe my senses. Then, as soon as we entered the parking lot, the feeling of God's presence was suddenly, and incredibly, tanglible. Any last vestigages of the mornings cacophany was blasted away as we drove through the veil. It was like driving through an invisible bubble. One second we were driving along the church driveway like always, with nothing out of the norm, and then, the next second, everything was different. It was like entering another dimension, only: Everything looked the same but my spirit came alive with the difference. God was present. I could feel it with every fiber of my being.

Once inside, we made our way to a group of seats together, weaving through the swaying bodies, trying not to touch anyone and - finally - we settled in, with His presence still as palpable as before. The worship was amazing, as it only can be when God is present. I wanted it to go on and on forever. I love worshipping in God's presence. There is a high to it that is inexplainable to those who have never experienced it. It is the real high. The high that street drugs try to duplicate but never will. When God shows up, my spirit basks in the pure ecstacy of His presence. In my book, services like this were too far and few between but right then I was basking in His awesomeness and praising my little heart out.

"By my strong right arm I will uphold you and by my hand I will lead you
," came very loudly into my thoughts. Well not exactly my thoughts. My thoughts normally came from my head, this was like thinking from lower - from my heart.

What the........
? What IS that!? I thought.

"By my strong right arm I will uphold you and by my right hand I will lead you. You will run but not grow weary. You will not grow weak." Came again, just as loudly.

What the heck IS that!?!?!?! Why am I thinking in these strange phrases?

I had an inkling of what was happening, mainly because my church was very prophetic but I stamped the inkling out quickly, refusing to even entertain the notion of what my subconscious was trying to suggest from way down deep. When the inkling started to return, I bound and gagged my subconscious and closed that door of my brain to prevent the inkling from getting stronger and then went on with logical thought.

"By my strong right arm I will uphold you and by my right hand I will lead you. You will run but not grow weary. You will not grow weak." Came from behind me in a loud feminine voice.

Oh. My. Gosh. With my jaw dangling loosely from head, I looked back to find the person who was doing the speaking. I didn't recognize her as any member of the church ministry, I actually didn't recognize her at all.

Usually, there was one particular lady who always said the strangely phrased sentences, so I didn't understand why she wasn't the one saying the strangely phrased sentences now. Granted I hadn't been going to church for long, so I wondered, Why was some random, obscure lady doing the talking?

The lady who usually spoke, was best friends with the pastors. Her name was Dawn Dell. She and the pastors had all been saved together, almost simultaneously, twenty years before. Whenever I got into her prayer line, she would pray, without a word from me, and her prayers were always the exact reason for my presence in her prayer line. It never ceased to amaze me, that no matter how random my need for prayer she always hit the nail on the head and God never failed to minister to me through her. Being ministered to by this woman, with her uncanny ability to hear from God, absolutely convinced me far, far, beyond my initial faith that God was alive and well.

So why isn't she the one doing the talking?
I wondered silently. Why would God give the message to anyone besides Dawn?

Then, before I knew it, the pastor had preached his message, the service was over, and I could slink my small herd out to the car where we could hurry to our favorite restaurant before the throngs of church people got there.

After having brunch together and returning home, I was mozying around the house, searching for something to entertain me when I remembered that I had just received a book order the day before and decided that reading one would be a great way to spend the day. I found the box of books and after busting open the crisp brown box, I began to rifle through.

Coincidentally.... or not, I found a book about the gifts of the spirit. Hungry to learn everything i could about God and the spiritual realm, I had just ordered ten different books and this particular one, on this particular day, intrigued me.

At the time, I didn't know what my gift was, largely because I was ignorant of spirtual gifts so I was eager to find out all that I could so that I would be well on my way to spiritual fruitition. As such, I dug into the book and had been reading for quite some time when I came upon a chapter about prophecy, and read:

When the Holy Spirit is active, anyone with the prophetic gift can receive a corporate message from God, which is meant to be shared with the church body at large. Commonly, more than one person will receive the same message because it is up to the individual who receives the Word to choose to deliver the message. Not everyone will respond to the prophetic call, therefore God will continue spreading the message until an individual makes the choice to speak God's Word.

My eyes bugged out of my head and I snapped the book closed. I had heard enough!

This chapter described exactly what happened today at church. I heard some strange words. I had a feeling that I was supposed to do what the other lady did, which was to yell those word out from seat, loudly enough for the entire church to hear: But I was NEVER going to do that - EVER - and therefore God gave the message to somebody else, and they did.

My subconsious was smirking at me. I told you.

In the middle of a panic, I thought, Are you kidding me?!?! I have a prophetic gift? I don't want this gift. I want to talk to someone in customer service because this is obviously a mistake. People like me do not shout out loudly in church.

My prophetic self just smiled knowingly from its corner, as if to say, Oh yes you will.

Oh no! I am NEVER doing that! I continued to reassure myself. Never! Not Ever! Never!

I would like to exchange this gift for... perhaps... hospitality, maybe? I will wash the windows at church. Clean the toilets, plant the flowers. I don't care what I do but I am NOT DOING THIS!

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1 - Oh no! NOT EVER

Post by dreamster on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm

laugh jus roll wiv ut , soapbox :blah: :blah: :blah: :hairraising: ,,, lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:59 am

lol!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 am

Loved it! Waiting for more! Hint Hint!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 am

I need an editor. LOL. No matter how much proofreadingi I do on a piece, every single time I read something that I've written, I see ten more things that should have been edited.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 am

Your wish is granted, my lady.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:48 pm

if u needa proof reader wat do i need

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:55 am

Dr. Seuss

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:29 am

why yesssssssssssssssssss,, oh boss thou art kleva in thy ways,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

lol!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

LOVE it!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Wow...this sounds like me in so many ways........

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top