A friend's dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A friend's dream

Post by jcgraham on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Several weeks ago, a friend had the following dream: He had been hiding in a cave, as he had been hurt very badly. One day, a flower came along and encouraged him to come out into the sunshine. He did, and they laughed and played for days on end, (he hadn't laughed in a very long time). Then, one day, he accidentally stepped on the flower and she became afraid. She ran and hid in a clam shell. He tried and tried to open it, by beating on it, prying on it, all to no avail. Finally, he gave up and placed the clam shell in his garden and waited.

Now, this friend has been terribly hurt and is convinced this dream came from God. Any insight any of you could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
jcgraham

jcgraham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A friend's dream

Post by MrsLena on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 am

How is this friend's relationship with God? Is there a struggle somewhere? My thoughts are God is telling him that His grace is sufficient, he doesnt have to do anything to earn it, it is freely given. He should just take it, and accept it.

MrsLena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcgraham on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am

He is very close to God, and recognizes his value to God, but is recovering from an excrutiating divorce.

jcgraham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 pm

alotta straight 4werd symbolls here, idea scratching chin it kud be a pik of a past or furure event,,,,ur frend has hidden himself hiding frm life/ppl an gone introspektive due 2 the hurtful experiance, bandaid [pretty commen these days nerd ],,eventually someone Flower Power comes along an encourages him 2 come out of his hidden state, he does,,then a unfortunate event happens that cause nu frend Flower Power 2 withdraw an put up barriers, referee ,,and no matter wat he does ,,shes not comin out anytime soon, bandaid ,,so he bides his time, keeps contact ,,if its a future event ,it seems like a warning not 2 goof up, nerd but if the Flower Power clams up so hard what i wud suspect thers hurts ther also,, ,,,,,,,,,hurt ppl attract hurt ppl, ,,so go carefuly, Scratch Chin

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello jcgraham! My initial thoughts were that this was of him and a relationship with a woman before i even read the part about the divorce. I also think this dream is of God too. Even though the man gave up opening the shell in the dream, he still didn't throw the shell out. He placed it in the garden and waited. I would encourage him to #1, not to go back to his safety net of the cave. #2 and most importantly pray for Gods wisdom and Gods way to get the flower to trust him enough again to come out of the shell. To me there is nothing I see that seems to imply to give up entirely. Only to give up trying in his own strength to open the shell, and to lean on Gods wisdom for restoration! I believe restoration will happen in time. These are my thoughts. Plz have ur friend pray on them, and toss what he doesn't feel fits.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcgraham on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Wow, Dreamster and Daisy! Your insights are exactly the way I interpreted this dream, so thank you for the confirmation! He has already hurt someone due to his own hurt, and she wants nothing to do with him now. I mentioned to him that "hurt people, hurt people". A good lesson for all of us to be mindful of those who trust us.

Thank you again!
jcgraham

jcgraham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm

nerd what ok ,,well thats sad bandaid ,,,i guess it dont get any clearer than that nerd

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcgraham on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 am

I need to clarify that this dream came before it all played out in reality, so thank you again for your insights. When he told me the dream, I was afraid he would do exactly what he did. But your interpretations bring hope, as God always does! woo hoo

jcgraham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 am

Amen, keep us updated if possible. Blessings!! happy dance

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top