Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exo152

Need prayer for my parents....counseling my Dad to divorce my mother??

To make a very long, very sad story short, my mother suffers from a severe mental illness. She will not admit she has it and will not get treatment, even though she saw her grandmother suffer from the same thing. She has literally almost run out of anyone who will deal with her. She has been verbally abusing my father for years and he has tried to be understanding and loving and "for better or worse and in sickness and in health" etc. But he is seventy-two, has had three bypass surgeries, and was told by his doctor last year that the stress of living with my mother is killing him, literally. My siblings and I have offered to have her committed, have even taken all the neccessary steps to do so, but our father has held us off, saying such a thing would truly devastate and destroy her. But by now, most of my siblings have begun to cut off all but the most neccessary contact with her, and others refuse to answer the phone when she calls them. If we communicate with our father we have to sneak around to do it or he gets the verbal abuse even worse. He called me just a litte while ago, needing to vent. I encouraged him to talk to a lawyer friend about what he could do legally. Please pray for him. He is a wonderful, Godly man who is trying to do the right thing, but we believe she is completely demon possessed at this point(the Holy Spirit revealed to me she is being harassed by more than one tormenting demon). But she denies it all and makes my dad out to be the devil, and almost every other person she knows or meets wants to destroy her in some way (she is horribly paranoid). We just need to know how to counsel our father and know the direction to take with our mother. I just pray God reveals to her the truth in a way she can understand it. She was once upon a time a strong, Godly woman.

Lord, You said that ALL things work out for good to those who love You. I am in agreement with Your Word and exo152 for her family to be FREED from any demonic opression. I pleade for MERCY for her mother and father right now. I plead that the Blood of the Lamb is SPEAKING for this woman right now in the Heavenlies. I plead that it speaks FREEDOM, MERCY, SUPERNATURAL PEACE, UNDERSTANDING, CLEARENESS OF MIND, FREEDOM FROM ANY FEAR, REVELATIONS, SUPERNATURAL PROTECTION, STRENGTH IN JESUS. I plead favour and blessings untold to be rained down upon her husband. I speak HEALING and RESTORATION for his health 100%, I Thank You, Lord, for this awesome strength of spirit that You gave him to endure such hardships in You. I speak and plead for MERCY and Unity and total Forgiveness for each and everyone of the members of this family, Lord. I ask all this for YOUR Name's sake! And doing so I KNOW I received what I asked! Amen!

exo Im so sorry to hear this. Im praying as well. Im going to pm you something on my heart. You may or may not be able to respond quite yet, bc a new member needs to have a certain amount of posts to send a private message. You will though be able to read my message though. I hope all the best for your family. Please keep us posted on this issue.

Urgent need for prayer!! My Dad just called me. My mother went to her doctor today, complaining of pain. She told the doctor my dad had beaten her up and raped her. The doctor called my dad in separately and told him he gave my mother medicine to calm her down but she really needs to see a mental health professional. He told my dad he had suggested it to her, but she believes the doctor just confirmed she had been raped (which the doctor told my dad was untrue). Please keep my family in your prayers. We are going to have to make some tough decisions soon. And the thought that someone might actually believe her lies about my sweet, elderly father makes me shudder. Please pray for him also. He has had heart issues in the past and he needs God's grace to get through this. Thank you!!

Please keep us posted Exo! Im so sorry to hear you are going through such a thing. This must be so hard on the whole family! I pray that God will bless and protect all of you (even protecting your mom from her own self). I pray for His wisdom and discernment to be given to the Drs. I pray for Gods healing balm to be upon your entire family.

I feel strongly that this scripture will manifest in all of your lives:

Isaiah The Good News of Salvation

61 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the Lord,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
8 “For I, the Lord, love justice;
I hate robbery for burnt offering;
I will direct their work in truth,
And will make with them an everlasting covenant.
9 Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles,
And their offspring among the people.
All who see them shall acknowledge them,
That they are the posterity whom the Lord has blessed.”
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.