My daughter wearing my husbands jeans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My daughter wearing my husbands jeans

Post by Daisy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:20 am

Short dream. I was helping my daughter button up a pair of my husbands button fly jeans on her. It didnt seem weird in the dream...and I didn't have any feelings that stood out. Just seemed like I was helping her.

Weird, any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My daughter wearing my husbands jeans

Post by L4JC on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 am

Hi Daisy,

I have a few thoughts... but let me explain something before I get to your dream. You know how jeans are... right out of the wash, it's tight and seems not flexible especially having to either zip up or button up the jeans until after a few hours of "wear" ... it then becomes more flexible.

The thought that came to my mind, is that when you were helping your daughter with your husband's buttons on his fly jeans on her - seems to mean that perhaps you're not sharing as much or don't feel as comfortable sharing with your husband about how you're feeling towards your daughter. (the buttoning up - closing) Do you feel this way at all? Or maybe you're uncomfortable that he's not taking more initiative with your daughter as you'd like?

On another thought... it could be about your daughter's feelings, not yours towards your husband... maybe you're trying to help her learn how to convey her feelings more appropriately.

None of this may be what you're experiencing... please toss if it doesn't seem to fit. Thought I'd share just in case it may relate to you.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:07 am

Hi, Daisy -

I don't recall how old your daughter is, nor do I know the relative size between your husband and her...so, this first suggestion may not fit, and that is that it could be her literally putting on the wrong jeans. My stepdad once wore my sister's pants all day at work, only thinking that they were tight because they had shrunk a bit. Eh, it was funny when the day was over...

From a symbolic take, perhaps it represents you enabling her with a measure of authority, i.e. "wearing the pants." It didn't seem odd to you in the dream to be helping her with this, as you said. Plus, it's interesting that it's your husband's jeans (rather than yours), which could mean that it's authority or some personality trait that she's drawing from him, but that you're able to encourage her to walk in.

Just some thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:16 am

hey Daisy..
just my thoughts ( i didnt read the above posts)

Could it be that your daughter will be walking in the steps of her Father? And that you are playing a part in her preparation?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks to everyone for your input!!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hi, Daisy -

I don't recall how old your daughter is, nor do I know the relative size between your husband and her...so, this first suggestion may not fit, and that is that it could be her literally putting on the wrong jeans.

This is so true what you put here mark! My daughter wanted me to get her some new flare jeans, since she outgrew her old ones she loved. So I went to get a few pair for her, and realized she is in between sizes. All the ones that fit good in the waist, were WAY too long... I had to return several pairs of jeans several times to find ones that weren't 5 inches too long (she has short little legs). I didnt realize that this dream manifested last week, until I re-read this today. laugh

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 am

Ha! That's great that you noticed the manifestation! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 pm

I know, me too. Its funny bc I didnt put this down in the original part of the dream...but I remember having a hard time buttoning the jeans in the dream. IRL when she was trying them on, she couldnt do the button. I was trying to help her, but I was having a hard time too. This triggered my memory of the dream, realizing it manifested. LOL

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top