Panic At The End Of A Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panic At The End Of A Run

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 am

I was running through a park in my town, heading deeper into the park as I ran. In some ways, this felt like a race...but, in others, this just felt like a casual run. There were other people running, but not too many, which is why it felt a bit like a race. An unknown lady noticed me (like she knew me) and made brief conversation with me, saying something like, "You ran this last year with your mom or your family, right?" I told her that she was correct. She had said it like she saw me during that run. In real life, this was the site of the half-marathon that I ran with my mother and sister in August or September. I should also say that I did the run for their sake, as I really don't enjoy doing it in real life.

I ran on by myself a bit, just separating from the few others that were running. Then, I reached a point where I came across a relative that was running...or, at least preparing to run. It seemed more like she was stretching at the time. This woman is my mother's cousin. She chatted with me about how she and her husband enjoy running together. It seemed like she was expecting him to arrive soon. In real life, I don't believe they run. At some point in the conversation, I noticed that she had a bag of M & M's in her purse, and they were an odd flavor like cherry. I know that they make something like that, actually.

I should say here that I remember there being a lot of restrooms along the path. Like, an overabundance of them. Well, while I was talking to this cousin, I touched my nose with my hand. When I looked at my hand, I saw a little blood. I panicked at this, mostly fearing being seen and being embarrassed. I darted into the bathroom that was right there.

Inside, I was disappointed at this bathroom as it was in very poor shape and was dirty. There was a constant dripping from the ceiling, and an old towel had been placed on the floor beneath it. It had been there for a while, and was so wet that it wasn't really absorbing any of the dripping, anymore. There was a mirror over a sink, but I would have to step on the wet towel to be able to use it. I actually said, "Oh, man!" because I found that I was barefoot and my feet would have to touch this wet towel. In the end, I did step on the towel with my bare feet.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Panic At The End Of A Run

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:17 am

Embarassment seems to be a key point and also doing something you would not normally do to avoid the embarassment.

Does this sound like anything familiar?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 pm

There's nothing potentially embarrassing on my horizon...but, I was on high-alert today because of this dream. I was just careful in what I said and how I handled every situation, because I kept thinking that something could happen that could be embarrassing. Thankfully, nothing did.

I also thought that this could be about a family event, though...which would be Christmas Day, I'd expect.

If it clicks, I'll definitely report.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top