Husband bombed an interview!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Husband bombed an interview!

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 am

I had a dream that my husband was interviewing for a promotion at work. He did great on the first section of the interview, but the second and third portion he totally fumbled! Irl this is not like my husband, he loves the interviewing process. In the dream they had another manager interviewing him, not his in real life. This was a manager that doesnt know, nor ever worked with my husband. i had the feeling they did this process bc this manager would be impartial. irl his manager and those above him highly favor him. There was another worker present in the interview, and she told me about him fumbling during the second and third portions. When I asked my husband about it he admitted it, and was bummed out. I encouraged him that if he got the position he would know it was the favor of The Lord that put him in that position, and if not then it was God shutting the door to the promotion.

Irl, we are awaiting a real promotion, but at the level that my husband will be they do NOT interview any longer. They simply pick u when they think u r ready. We let the upper management know many months ago that we were open to moving out of state. I secretly am now having second thoughts, and am more open to awaiting a position here in our current state. My husband knows of these feelings Im having, but I'm praying in my prayer closet that God will close the door to out of state if its not His will. My husband said it would not be a good idea to retract our prior commitment to be willing to relocate, it will make it look like we are very fickle to upper management. So I'm simply taking this matter to prayer.

Any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Husband bombed an interview!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:00 am

Hi, Daisy -

Could the 2nd and 3rd interviews be two separate opportunities where he doesn't get that promotion? You said that he doesn't have to interview any longer, so I was wondering if they could just represent the openings, themselves.

You were encouraging to your husband while he was disappointed...but, how did YOU feel about things?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 am

I felt bad for him that he messed up bc I knew how much he wanted this opportunity. Besides feeling bad for him, I had a peace (or even relieved) about the situation (Irl I have been the one stressed and my husband has had a peace this whole time. I'm finally getting to the point though where I have more peace about whatever happens). But I did feel a little guilty in the dream, bc in my heart I was ok with him not getting the promotion. (Irl I don't want to hold him back, but thinking of the stresses that go along with moving again makes me just want to stay here and not move out of state.)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top