"Heed your steps"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Heed your steps"

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:01 am

Im wondering if I can get your thoughts..

I was in a car waiting at a red light. Behind I see is anther car with some acquaintance/friends. The light turned green but my car was running slow and I saw the people behind me say "come on!" So I sped up and after the lights I sped up more. I was speeding over staircases, going up and over. Once I reached the top I was standing with a teacher. She looked disappointed. She said "one day, learn to heed your steps". I didn't know what that meant at the time. She explained i should slow down. Then she said "do you find you can't watch tv anymore". I said I had been watching it less and less. She said if I was watching something I didn't like that I should ask God to "stow the story" (I looked it up, it can mean to urge someone to stop doing something or be quiet).
Also once I got to the top of the steps my car had turned into a tv.

The thing is I really don't watch a lot of tv.. But maybe even that is too much, I don't know.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Heed your steps"

Post by MrsLena on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 am

Interesting, these questions come to mind...
How committed are you to ongoing projects in your life/how busy have you been lately?
Have you done any planning relating to the future lately? To me, it appears as if God may be trying to alert you to slow down and make plans regarding His plan for your future.
Maybe more so of letting go of trying to control your path, and maybe more so turning towards Him for direction, regarding what lies ahead.
Just my thoughts. God bless you and may the Holy Spirit provide further insight.

MrsLena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:02 am

Hi, Gracee -

In the first portion of the dream, your actions seemed to be brought on by the urging (or pressure) of your friends. This led up to the disapproval of your teacher. Do you actually relate to this in real life? Do you feel that God is speaking to you about the influences from others - specifically about the pace or timing for your life?

I find it interesting that the teacher spoke to you about slowing down in a way that you didn't understand at first, but then went on to explain what she meant so that you would understand, rather than leave you with some riddle.

About watching TV - I don't know if the dream is about that literal activity or not...but, my thinking is that if the dream was about that, God would have already been speaking to you about it during your waking life, and the dream would confirm it rather than leave you wondering.

The 2nd "lesson" from the teacher in your dream seems to be more about asking God to reign over the things that bother you. It actually felt like it was more of a promise that he would if you asked him to. Also, the fact that your car turned into a TV seems to reinforce the point that this promise is about your life as a whole - not simply about things on TV.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:35 pm

You are at a stop light and feel pressure from behind to move. So you speed up and start flying over staircases and are told to ask God to stow the story.

Your car is where you are in life. You feel pressure because you aren't moving forward so you take off. However, stairs are meant to walked over, not driven over, so you are going in the right direction but maybe not exactly the way you are meant to be. Kind of like going through the motions but something is not quite right If you feel at a loss as to whether you are doing things the way you are supposed to be doing them, all you have to do is ask God for help, and He will help.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:07 am

Thankyou all! The message to slow down is a confirmation. I'm glad I posted this, cause I was completely off about the tv. That does relate to my life at the moment. thankyou!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top