On a quest to find a PRIVATE shower

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a quest to find a PRIVATE shower

Post by Jazzy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 am

These series of quests of finding a private shower came after waking up in the middle of night and going back to sleep.

Before I went to bed the first time, I prayed over a few friendships and marriages that I know are having issues, basically asking God for guidance and direction and if it is His will for these relationships to continue. Then before waking in the middle of the night, I was in a light sleep and was dreaming that two people were watching over me in my bed (I never had a clear view of their faces, only their bodies but definitely felt their presence). I had to follow one of them who seemed to be a major help. I felt the other was watching and learning, but I knew they were praying with/for me although I sensed they were having their own issues; so it was like this particular person wasn't fully equipped yet, so they were watching the former. As I followed the person who was guiding me, they said something but I quickly forgot. I asked again and forgot that fast again because I felt extremely sleepy; it was like I was going in and out. I know I asked one last time and I kept repeating it to myself so I wouldn't forget. But when I woke up in the middle of the night, the statement was fuzzy and all I could remember was Renew-... I will keep this in prayer to see which individuals this "renew"ance applies to.

Sorry for that long section, but back to the topic of my post. I went back to sleep in the middle of night, and I had a dream I was searching for a private shower in the midst of public showers. I remember three distinct scenes: The first scene I saw two public showers in the back of a large room. These two public showers each had shower curtains. However, there was an extremely long line of people (hundreds) waiting to use one of these two showers. I stood in line to wait.

In the 2nd distinct scene, a person who felt like a friend (didn't recognize them as someone I knew though) won something, and as a prize they were first in line for a shower. She grabbed my arm into hers because she knew I really wanted a shower too. There was also another girl who came behind us. As we were walking to the shower, I felt our path was familiar. We entered the room and it was the same area as the first scene, but without the line. This time, the shower curtains were gone. I panicked because I knew the curtains were just there on my last visit and thought someone probably snatched them. I thought about going into the next room to use that shower, but I looked in the cupboards and closets in this room to find curtains first. They were nowhere to be found. While searching, a friend of mine from daycare and elementary/middle school kept touching my head in a playful manner. I told her she was making me uncomfortable. She stopped but I could tell I offended her. I told her I wasn't trying to be mean, and she said it's okay she didn't want to make me uncomfortable.

In the last scene, I was in a hotel type of setting. There were hotel showers for the public to use which also had lines. In the hotel, I walked into one of my classmates/co-workers room and asked her and others in the room if they were done using their bathroom. She said yes, and boy I hurried to their bathroom. Their bathroom was more private since they stayed inside the hotel. When I entered, there were a couple of people leaving the bathroom. I was so happy and remembered smiling and thinking the shower smelled just of my classmate/co-worker's shampoo or bodywash, a fresh and clean scent.

I understand showering as cleansing. In the first scene I stand in a very large crowd to wait for my cleansing. In the second scene I am indirectly given a first-line opportunity for cleansing, but lack a covering. In the final scene I am able to happily and peacefully undergo my personal cleansing. I also feel renew and cleanse sort of go hand-in-hand. I am curious to know if there are further thoughts about this dream? Thank you.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On a quest to find a PRIVATE shower

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 am

Jazzy -

Anything you're seeking/desiring in real life that may line up with the dream? Something that has (or may) taken a few attempts that remind you of the various shower scenarios in the dream?

The first shower was marked by what would have been a long period of waiting, and where many were trying to get in.

The 2nd was a short-cut, fast-track version of the same desire...but that had a big negative for you (the lack of curtains). Maybe it's about covering, or privacy...or, it's just meant to point out that this "thing" you desire would clearly be fullfilled imperfectly if you went forward with it. Although, it would be obvious to you that this is far from your ideal.

The last scene seems more like the Promise. If you persist, the perfect fullfilment to what you seek will be made available to you. And, you'll be just as happy and satisfied as you were when you arrived there in the dream.

I just wanted to add something: I don't know if the symbolism of the shower stands out to you as to what it applies toward in your waking life, but if it doesn't fit anything, maybe step back from the symbol and look at it as simply something you're seeking that has (and will have) various outcomes as you pursue.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 am

The line at the shower reminds me of a prayer line. Is there something that you've been wanting God to do for you spiritually and have you been to any church meetings that remind you of the shower scenes?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Thank you both Mark and Mia for your input. Those are all great points that were brought up. Right now I cannot exactly pinpoint what this applies to in my life. I feel like a few things could fit, but unsure which one it is concerning because I do not feel for certain. I will continue to pray about this dream's meaning.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top