Avoiding The Smartest Guy I Know

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avoiding The Smartest Guy I Know

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 am

I was roaming the halls of my high school. In a way, I felt like I was a student. Yet, I also had the confidence - and disregard for other's opinions of me - that I have now as an adult. There was a guy that was pursuing me, but not in a bad way. This was a guy from other dreams that I recognized as the Smartest Guy I've Ever Known. He was a friend of mine in real life. In the dream, he wanted me to do something with him - like, just spend time with him. I'm pretty sure I know who he represents :(

Sadly, I was avoiding this guy. As I roamed the halls, I made my way to the guys' locker room. It felt like I hadn't been here in a long time. What I mean is, I was aware that I had been doing other things for a long period of time that were totally ok for me to be doing. All the while I had been doing this, some changes had been made to the locker room. The lockers, themselves, had been rearranged and condensed in a more space-efficient way. I looked for my own locker, all the while thinking that I would HAVE to change into my gym clothes to take part in this class. However, while I was searching for my locker, I kept thinking that it's been so long that I did not remember the combination to the lock. Even when I knew I had pretty much found my locker, I stopped what I was doing because I knew that I needed to get the combination for the lock. So, I walked to where the coaches' offices are, and I found that there was one coach on duty that we known to be angry all the time, always in a foul, unpredictable mood - also a "she," but in the guys' locker room? Once I found out that it was her, I gave up completely rather than interact with that personality. With that, I left the locker room. However, I do feel like I met up with the guy that I was avoiding by the end of the dream.

I get the avoidance part. I'm not sure about the locker room portion.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avoiding The Smartest Guy I Know

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 am

The locker room and trying to find the combination to your locker would say to me that you are trying to "unlock" something or figure something out? What is it that you are trying to get access to or unlock that you aren't willing to ask for help about?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:43 am

Hmmm...there are a handful of things that I'm trying to figure out, and they're each in different areas of my life. Some of them are related to which direction I should go, and not knowing how things will work out can make me avoid it, entirely - much like the interaction with that coach in the dream. If the dream is about a specific anxiety, then I'm not sure which one it is.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Why were you avoiding the guy, and does avoiding him relate to looking for your locker?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I was avoiding the guy for no good reason. Basically, I wanted to do something else instead of spend time with him.

Avoiding him wasn't really related to the locker part. I avoided him, and THEN I spent my time in the locker room, etc.

To be honest, when I had this dream I wasn't avoiding anyone in the natural. However...I was avoiding my personal time with the Lord. I really felt that the avoidance related to that, and have made certain to make it a priority each day after that. It's embarrassing to say, but I'm sure that's what it is.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top