Was it a lie or is it tarrying?- Prophetic words

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was it a lie or is it tarrying?- Prophetic words

Post by tri_art_poet on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm

My question relates to prophetic words given to a person, with 'time constraints' and how to have peace/rest with it- when it it doesnt happen.

What do you when a word that is given to you that something would happen- at a certain time. and it doesnt happen when they said it would. I received this word early 2011 and so it appeared that sometime in 2012 would be it. It was in a general conversation in EARLY 2011 in which i was seeking counsel about something else, and the person said to give consideration about my decision I was about to make in this area because "around this time next year, XYZ will be the case"- and - here I am at the END OF 2012 with no signs of it happening and coming to pass in 2012.

What do you do? Especially if it's not some "random" person. They have given words before and it came to pass for them- so why not me? I was "leaping spiritually" because other people were cofirming/mentioning same thing to me in prayer, conversation- or maybe they were just encouraging.

I've waited, prayed, etc. nothing. now 2013 will be rolling around to make 2 years. what happened? It has left me wondering, "was the word a spiritual meaning and not a physical/literal meaning?" "did I make some wrong decisions still?" "Did I not pray hard enough? Did I do something that got me out God's will? Was I not in position?" Or was this person "Just wrong about what they said." So Ive question a lot about my life and the decisions I have made the last year or so, thinking maybe I didn't make the right choices, wasnt in the right place at the right time, etc.

And if it was me- then what was it and how I can/can I get it right so I don't miss it again? Ive been asking God but no answers yet.

I feel like I failed a test-- and I don't know what answers I got wrong...
my report card just says- FAILED.

tri_art_poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was it a lie or is it tarrying?- Prophetic words

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am

Hello, tri_art_poet -

I can only speak from personal experience when it comes to prophetic words as they relate to my own life.

We all prophesy in part. This site is a good example of where many can have the general understanding of what a dream means, but not see the entire thing clearly until after it has manifested - and then look back with 20/20 vision. For your word, you can bring it before the Lord and ask him to confirm it as true or reject it as false if you feel that the word is true and from the Lord, but that the timing was added by man.

Was there any requirement made of you when you received the word? If it was a, "If you do this, then I will do that" word, and you didn't do what was asked, then God wouldn't be obliged to do his part. However, if the the only requirement was that you had faith, then the word should come to pass regardless of the "what ifs" you mentioned - much like God's promise to Abraham and Sarah for a son.

Here's my personal experience: I have received some words from various people at various points in my life. Everyone wants to believe that the prophetic words that they receive are 100% accurate and true, and that any that aren't are only received by others and not ourselves. The truth is, I've had to accept that some words need to be tossed. In a literal sense, I've thrown out some tapes or written words because they simply weren't true, despite the person's good intentions at the time. These words gave me anxiety and not peace, and I'm much better off without them.

I hope some of this was helpful to you.
Blessings,
-Mark
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Whenever I receive a word with a specific time frame, I take it with a "grain of salt"...so to speak. I've had prophetic words with time frames and they usually NEVER come to pass. Just last year, I had a word that said that by my birthday this year, some key things would happen and I waited and did the whole countdown thing and nothing happened. I was secretly disappointed and dismayed, but I had to allow God to pull me through that season.

Now, what I do, is I take the word and do exactly what Mark said to do...give it before the Lord and allow him to manifest in his timing. I'm very leary of throwing away prophetic words because it could definately be for an absolutely different season. God would have to specifically with clairty tell me to toss something...especially if it aligns with the Word of God.

Prophetic words have so much more to do with who we are when we receive the manifestation as opposed to who we are when it is given to us. If you remember the story of Abraham and Sarah. When they received the word, they were Abram and Sarai. When the word manifested, their names changed...because THEY changed.

Since that last situation with the prophetic word I received, I no longer spend my days awaiting for the word to come to pass. I'm taking a more passive approach to it. I pray the word back to God, but I move on with my life. The more I sit on the fence waiting for it to arrive, the longer it seems to take. This is taken me to another level in my faith because now I'm having to leave it in God's hands and allow him to bring it to pass in HIS TIMING. During the time of waiting, I'm praying and busying myself with the things of God. I'm allowing him to change and equip me so that when it comes, I'm mature enough (in His eyes) to receive the promise.

Be patient and remain in prayer...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!
Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tri_art_poet on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Thank you TheWhiteShadow & Cholette
Words well received. Thanks for the wisdom.

No, there were no conditions- however, I guess I was living my life based on something similar. As if I was supposed to contribute something to making the prophesy come to pass (not forcing God but hoping I was going in the righ direction) and it left me feeling very much like a failure when it didn.'t

It's like for those who, for example, who say.... "God is going to make your business successful, etc." or whatever... Then if you are the person recieveing that and you never even write a business plan..when exactly will your business be successful if you don't ever try to have a concept? :-) :-)

Since its is going in 2013, almost 2 years since it was said, and well over a year that it was supposed to have happen, it is surely time to toss it and press on. Maybe it will happen, at another time- or perhaps not at all. This has taught me a lot on trusting "man" and his ability to hear from God, and how well I trust God to hear him on situations for myself. I know God speaks to and through people, but I can't rely totally on them to "be God" so to speak- and hear things "for me"... if that makes sense.

I sincerely thank you both for your time and this has helped me greatly to come to peace and a new place.

Blessings

tri_art_poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 am

If this thing is important to you, and you can ask God for an answer with all of your heart, He will answer. Ask Him to give you the date. I've asked for dates and He has given them to me in dreams - but I asked with every ounce of my being, which is always my experience in getting immediately answers.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com
Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quenette on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm amazed by reading this, because I had the same question, but from a prophetic (giving the prophecy) point of view.

I was journaling at midnight one night and heard that my brother would be home by his birthday (he's been wrongfully incarcerated for years). I automatically started worshiping/praise God for the word, started texting family and friends to praise God with me for the word, etc. I automatically assumed it was coming to pass this year (his birthday was Dec. 20th).

I started to become discouraged as it got closer to his birthday. I had a dream a few days before the date I expected him to be released - a HUGE mack truck (white trailer/blue cab) with a 3d positioned diamond incrusted cross laying next to it. Both were illuminated on a country road. The Lord had instructed me on the day I thought my brother would be coming home to go to him. I had a dream the night before of what was going to happen when I arrived. It happened verbatim to the dream except one thing. Right before I woke up from the dream I heard "Wait a minute/hold on..." I didn't hear that when I arrived at the facility to see my brother which led me to feel that it's not over.

To make an even longer story shorter, I felt discouraged like I had made a mockery of myself and questioned my calling (I've spoken prophetically before, the words have come to pass, even some not right away, but they did come to pass and for some reason because it was my brother and I wanted it to come to pass SO BAD, I questioned who I was in God). Yet everything in the dreams seemed like a symbolism. I saw a large mack truck (blue cab/white trailer/country road) on the way to see my brother and an illuminated white cross on top of a hospital building on my way back home.

I feel/felt so strongly about the word I heard and I know God, wouldn't put me out there to be shamed, especially if I'm not operating in "self." After reading Romans 8:28-39, I got up, dusted myself off and said, even though what I heard may not have been for "this" birthday, God's word never returns void.

Quenette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top