HOW TO INTERPRET A DREAM - READ THIS BEFORE INTERPRETING

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW TO INTERPRET A DREAM - READ THIS BEFORE INTERPRETING

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 am

Please read this post and follow it before interpreting dreams for others within this forum.

I had a dream we were living in a huge house. I realized though that the house was closed on one side but wide open on the other. Kind of like a super humongous version of a wooden Barbie doll house. I could see that everyone around us was having full view of us 24/7! All the other houses around us were fully closed in, and you couldn't see in...plus there were not lights on in the other houses. Ours was not only wide open, but ALL the lights were on. It was dark outside, it was almost as if a spot light were on our house. I was observing this from across the street, and realizing we had no privacy at all. - Daisy

Almost every Christian on the planet would look at this dream and think of the house set on a hill and a light shining before men. This is because we have a bias that makes us believe that all dreams are spirital and therefore we look there first. This makes us ineffective as dream interpreters and often, just plain wrong, and in this case we won't get the true interpretation because we've begun with a false bias.

This dream is a good reminder for all of us that we often tend to color our interpretations with a spiritual slant because this dream seems like the quintessential picture of the verse in Matthew about having your light shine before men - but it's true interpretation is not about that.

Think about this: Our practical lives consist of about 90% of what we do. Our dreams will mirror the numbers in our lives. If you spend 90% of your time in your prayer closet with God, your dreams will be 90% spiritual. If you are a typical person who must work, take care of kids, volunteer, etc., the topics of your dreams will be in equal proportion to the things you do in your daily lives.

God gets involved in every area of our lives, not just the church section. Sure He is interested in what we are doing spiritually but we are more to Him than just pawns doing His business. He is our Father and takes an interest in the intimate details of our practical lives as well as in the details of what we do for Him. Jesus said he knows the number of every hair on our head! He also knows what we are going to eat for breakfast next week, and whether we should or not. And he cares about that. We have a body, a soul, and a spirit. Our dreams will fall into all those categories because God cares about our entire being. Think about modern medical practice and how we might complain that doctors only treat the symptoms, they often don't treat the person. Well, God is the Great Physician. He treats our whole being, not just our spirit. Therefore, don't assume dreams are always or even mostly spiritual messages. Either interpret the dream with a prophetic gift which requires no questions or learn to interpret correctly.

There are two ways to interpret:

1.) The way Joseph did, which was prophetically.

or

2.) the way Daniel did - he "understood" or had understanding in dreams, meaning mentally.

Most people can learn to interpret - that is to understand dreams - other people have a prophetic gift in which they interpret, so the understanding of the dream is coming from God, but those people can also use their understanding.

Interpretation Instructions

First, PRAY. God's help is just one single prayer away and He is waiting for you to call. This is so much easier when He's on board and we are trying to hear from Him so don't forget this part.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Please ask questions.

First, look for the main action or feeling in the dream. In this dream, there is no main action on the part of the dreamer so we need to ask the dreamer what her feelings were.

Daisy often has symbolic dreams of future events which are not church-spirit related but are actually about her practical life. If we had asked Daisy of her feelings first, we would have realized that this dream is about her practical versus spiritual life because the emphasis of the dream was on her feelings of privacy.

By asking the dreamer questions it helps them to learn to ask themselves the same questions. Our goal is to help people to understand how God speaks to them through dreams. We are trying to help people to interpret their own dreams so that they are eductated in the real deal, and they learn proper dream interpretation, so that they won't continue to get whacky interpretations from well-meaning people who don't know what they are talking about - and whose interpretations are ruining God's real messages. (And I don't mean any of you when I talk about people who give whacky interpretations, I mean the places that inspired me to begin this ministry - when I was seeking help once upon a time, long ago.)

Next, start with looking at the big picture and IGNORING the symbols completely. Symbol interpretation will be off almost every time. However, if you look at the symbols after you think that you have the interpretation they will CONFIRM that your interpretation is correct because they will suddenly make sense and fit perfectly. DO NOT use a symbol book to interpret dreams. Do not start an interpretation with Snakes mean deception. They usually don't. And most of the time, symbol books will be wrong because symbols are personal to people. Once you learn how to accurately interpret a dream you will learn that symbols are as varied as people are.

However, there are some symbols, like snakes for instance, which almost always symbolize problems caused by the devil or just plain no good. These symbols, those that are constantly reliable, actually help you to interpret the dream quickly and accurately because they are generally important dreams and he exception to this rule because God wants to make sure that we get these message quickly. The symbols in this type of dream will be universal symbols which ten d to be very reliable, like: Tornadoes, snakes, black bears, etc. In these cases the symbols right away give us a clue and in this case the dreams are usually very simple and easy to understand.

Under normal circumstances, symbols are tools to help confirm a dream or, as stated above, to get you going in the right direction. If I see an interpretation post that authoritatively says 'this symbol means suchandsuch' it will be deleted because 99% of the time it will be wrong. I'm sorry if that seems harsh but after reading this thread there should be no reason for those kinds of posts and we don't have time to send a long explanation to each person every time it happens. If a person wants to ask and discuss what a symbol generally means within the symbol section, okay. Otherwise, please do not use this approach because we are determined that the people who come to this forum get accurate and genuine interpretations which leave no room for confusion.

Here's an example of how to look at the big picture and to ask yourself questions....

I dreamt of being in a hotel. I was trying to find my way out but the hallway was the longest maze ever. It led me through ballrooms, one of which that had a fire escape on the inside of the wall (that fell completely over when I was in the room, because it wasn't attached to the wall) and down longer hallways that went on forever, until at last it came to a dead end, on either side of which were two private suites. I went into one looking for the exit and the man inside gave me directions for how to get out.

When I dreamt the dream, I had no clue what the fire escape that fell over onto the floor meant. But when I looked at the big picture, I asked myself, what am I trying to find my way out of but can't? Then, the fire escape made sense. I was trying to find my way out of something from which there seemed to be no escape (fire escape didn't work and was in the wrong place). Immediately, the dream made sense. I was in the place where I felt like there was no escape but the dream had good news - the message from God to me - was that I was going to get direction and just a few short days later I did!

So what I am saying is: Look at the overall/big picture of what the person is doing in the dream or the main thrust of the dream first.

Then, ask what the dreamer was feeling in the dream, or what the main feelings were. Daisy would have said it felt like a loss of privacy.

Next go ahead and ask Daisy,"Is there anything in your life that feels similar to feeling a loss of privacy right now?

She would have said no, because at the time of the dream it hadn't happened yet.

Emotions and feelings in dreams are one of the greatest keys to dream interpretation. Often, feelings in a dream will
be the major factor in unlocking the understanding of a dream. If you are interpreting your own dream, ask yourself, am I feeling this now? If so, the entire interpretation will come quickly once the source of the feelings is pinpointed.

If you aren't feeling this way, ask yourself, is this an area that I struggle with? Is this particular feeling a stronghold
in my life? If so, the dream is a call to prayer. Pray for deliverance in that area. A person struggling with fear might have a dream that seems very realistic, but instead of it being literally prophetic of events that will occur in the future, it could be prophetic of feelings, evil forebodings, or imaginings that the dreamer may encounter in the future.

I once had a dream that I was at a party and cut my foot, slicing several arteries, and was terrified because I was going to die from blood loss. I had this dream at a time that I was struggling with fear and PTSD. Shortly after the dream, I was at a party, saw a broken mirror on the bathroom floor, had a panic attack and THOUGHT: That could kill someone. The dream foretold their fears to come in a situation that was in their future and revealed a need for intercession. Fear needs to be broken off in this person's life.

If neither of these scenarios seem to fit, if the feelings in the dream do not reflect a current situation or a stronghold then the dream is most likely prophesying an event in the future.

So at that point you know that feelings are prophetic in dreams, and are always reliable, so you would know that Daisys dream is about the future because she hadn't felt these feelings or anything similar yet. Feelings in dreams are reliable and are a heads of from God for prayer.

If Daisy had a similar situation in life where this dream would THEN look at the symbols in the dream to confirm that this is what the dream is about....

IF! the dreamer is correct in applying the dream to a particular situation, only then will the symbols confirm the interpretation with dead accuracy. If the symbols do not fit where the dream is applied, the dreamer is very likely wrong and that is why the symbols won't fit. Symbols confirm that our interpretation is correct.

So now, we've come to the point in interpreting Daisy's dream that she does not feel a lack of privacy in any area of her life so she has no clue where it fits. At this point she can start praying about the dream ahead of time because we realize that if she doesn't feel this way presently if is about the future.

Shortly thereafter this dream came the manifestation:

This dream was given to me right before I found out that my friend and her children were coming home and needing to stay in their home, which is where we have been staying. Though she offered for us to co-dwell (the home is large enough) the biggest thing that concerned me was our privacy. We did co-dwell for a couple day with her, but we were able to leave before the kids flew home. I think I had this a week or two before I found out they needed to come home. We moved and are very happy in our new place.

The symbols in her dream fit the manifestation perfectly. The dream was a heads up from God about what was coming in her life.

Helping people to interpret their dreams is more about asking the right questions to help THEM interpret their own dreams than needing to know the interpretation yourself so don't sweat it!

Follow this procedure and it will help. I promise.

Look at the big picture. What is the main action or feeling?

Can the main action or feeling be applied or is it true now?

If not, it's about the future. Pray.

If it is, do the symbols confirm it? Praise God.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 am; edited 6 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: HOW TO INTERPRET A DREAM - READ THIS BEFORE INTERPRETING

Post by Believer09 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 am

I do have a question, will it be private or posted to the website. I'm going through a personal crisis and I would like to ask a couple of private questions.

Believer09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 am

You can post it to me directly. Click on the MP icon on my post and it will go to me privately.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamert00 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks

Dreamert00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:28 am

Welcome. :)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlymama on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Thank you!

heavenlymama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 pm

You are welcome!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 pm

thank you very much for this Mia - very helpful.

Ruth89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Praise GOD! You are very welcome. How have you been, Ruth?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Thank you, Mia. Awesome instructions!!! I will apply them to my dreams and I believe the interpretation will come much easier. So far it has been quite a struggle.

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Let me know how it goes, Astra! I would love to hear.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by king Rex on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:09 pm

I will make use of it now !!!

Thank you and May GOD continue to touch you, bless you and keep you in HIS Name, Amen.

king Rex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cindy777 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Excellent guidelines and will make it easier fo me to interpret dreams.

Cindy777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rats biteing at my feet and lower legs/

Post by hunter on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Im in a green pasrure at the top of a slope hill.Many unknown people in the background.I proceed down the green slope when black rats begin jumping out at feet and lower legs.Im back at the top of slope showing my husband bites.Im going back down the green grassy slope my eyes are on my feet this time same pasture same slope rats try to bite at me but unable to get me .

hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 am

Praise God! I hope it helps!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 am

Is there currently something in your life that you've attempted to do that didn't go well, that you are contemplating doing again?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Mia,
I am trying my best to see the big picture in my dreams, but I guess the overwhelming amount of symbols is still confusing me.

Just like you said when God sends a message I always get it with I think only couple exceptions (which I did not quite understand right away but understood later once I went though some experiences). These are crystal clear and I even understand the symbols real well.

But most of my dreams I have such trouble figuring out that I simply give up on them :-(

Last night i fell asleep and right away had a very frightening dream. I believe it is prophetic (meaning it warns of something bad happening in the nearest future).

In it there are literal things mixed with symbols which totally confuses me.

Feeling in a dream - totally horrified, crushed, hopeless.

Dream: I am watching a video in which the youngest daughter of the lady i work with is doing pirouettes I believe on ice (like an ice skater). As the video is concentrating strictly on her doing this I am beginning to get a real bad feeling that something bad is going to happen to her very soon. Sure enough, I find out that the girl is dead (the video did not show it though).

Then I see the mother - my co-worker and it seems like she has come to terms with her loss while I myself am so overwhelmed with grief that no words can express. I keep thinking, she had 3 children and now she only has 2. I cannot be comforted.

Then I see that our boss at work wants to put this video into our catalogue. I feel terrible again because I think it is awful disrespect to my co-worker to publically display this video only because the boss wants it there. I feel he's being very arrogant. I decided not to push the boss to take it off the catalogue because I know that out of being spiteful he will definitely do it. Then I woke up.

In real life my co-worker has 3 children and the name I kept hearing in my dream was the actual name of her youngest daughter (in her late teens). I am actually working on a catalogue at work right now. The boss wants it to be finished in 1 week which usually takes over a months. My co-worker will start another smaller catalogue on Monday. The boss in real life is very arrogant and will actually act out of spite.

So there are many literal details. I believe the death of daughter is symbolic but can't figure out what it represents. If the death of daughter is NOT symbolic we are in huge need of intercession right away. The feeling of terror and loss was absolutely overwhelming in my dream.

Sorry it's long. I cannot place or apply this to anything that is actually going on now. I believe this is about something in the nearest future :-(

Thank you very much for listening

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by renee.victory on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:51 pm

I'VE ALWAYS SAID THIS IN THE SENSE THAT I LEARNED ALOT THROUGH UNDERSTANDING AS DANIEL DID AND ALSO THROUGH LIVING AND LEARNING, TRIAL AND ERROR SO TO SPEAK. I THANK GOD FOR THIS POST MIA AND WOULD LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TALK TO YOU PRIVATELY.

renee.victory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Anytime, Renee. Just PM me.

Astra, I'm going to come back to this tomorrow to give it my freshest and will reply then but I will be praying.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Thank you so much, Mia!!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you very much for this post Mia! This really puts me on track to understanding feelings in dreams. I used to think that even if I don't have those feelings now, that maybe those feelings are underlying somewhere and I needed to do some serious self-reflection to see where it's coming from. Because I'd do all that, I'd confuse myself and end up missing the entire manifestation when it occurred because I was entirely off track, almost like circling and circling around something when all I needed to do was continue moving straight. I hope that made sense! Thank you again, and please continue with the informative posts as it is greatly appreciated.

God Bless,
Jasmine

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dreams

Post by wesselsbr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 am

Thank you,i'm gng to print it out and read it as i do get loads of dreams,sometimes i write them down,some i dont ...

wesselsbr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Jasmine,

I'm happy to hear that it's going to help! What a relief to know this message is going to make a difference.

Thank you, Wessel and God Bless.

Astra,

I am praying. I don't see anything symbolic in your dream but I hope that it is.

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:37 pm

O my! crying
Ok, if God shows you something like that (a potential disaster of epic proportions for that family), does He usually give confirmation in another dream? What gives me hope that death is not literal is girl's mother's reaction. She did not seem to be crushed. I wonder if it might mean that the girls just ran off with her boyfriend. She can't wait to get out of the house and already made an attempt in the past. But I am praying! Should I warn the mother?

I had another dream last night which I totally understood and interpreted right (I hope) only because of your last post. I looked at the feelings and emotions and figured out which situation in my life fits these feelings. Otherwise I'd probably try and take each symbol and try and figure out what they mean separately.

In this regard I do have another question. There is a situation at my work that looks like it would develop a certain way. So I am thinking that it most possibly will happen that way. Last night I had that dream which told me that this is the outcome of the situation (just like I thought).

Here is my question: is such dream a warning of what is going to happen or is it the product of my mind because I am kind of anticipating this outcome? Or could it be either one? How can you tell the difference between our own view of the situation and the Lord warning us about what's coming?

Thank you again so much, Mia, for your time and patience! I really have hopes now that I can get better at understanding dreams woo hoo

astra

Back to top Go down

rats biteing at my feet and lower legs/

Post by hunter on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am

Mia Sherwood wrote:Is there currently something in your life that you've attempted to do that didn't go well, that you are contemplating doing again?
I had this dream in 2011 after time of fasting. So at that time I was at my present assembly and didnt fit.I learned later that I was being terribly judged by my sister and pastor wife. Some how I sense that the meaning of this dream (after returning back to this site a few days ago) represent the false accusations that wAS BEING FED TO MY FIRST LADY FROM MY BLOOD SISTER(FALSE ACCUSATIONS=BITEING RATS) SECOND TIME GOING DOWN THE SLOPE(REPRESENTS THE LIES BACKFIRING WHEN MY SISTER BEGAN TO SPREAD VENOM ABOUT THE FIRST LADY AND IT GOT BACK TO HER) NOT CERTAIN.BUT AFTER THIS WE HAVE BECOME GREAT FRIENDS SHE WAS FORCED TO GET TO LEARN MY TRUE HEART FOR GOD AND HER.i RECALL IN MY DREAM I APPEAR BACK AT THE TOP OF THE SLOPE TELLING MY HUSBAND AND SHOWING HIM THE BITES.i CAN BELIEVE THIS DREAM NEVER HAD ME FEARFUL,BECAUSE IF YOU ASK ANYONE IM HAVE ALWAYS HAD A GROSS FEAR OF SUCH.i SPECIFICALLY RECALL TELLING MY PASTOR,MY SISTER,MY FIRST LADY THE DREAM ALL AT THE SAME TIME AND SAYING IT DID NOT SCARE ME!!! sO I THINK THE THING THAT DIDNT GO WELL FIRST TIME WAS THE RELATIONSHIP OR LACK THEREOF WITH MY PASTORS WIFE. MAYBE????

hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top