Food, Buildings, and the Arts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food, Buildings, and the Arts

Post by lola21st on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:26 am

Scene #1 - Parents at my sons' school were taking care of underprivileged Mexican kids for a day ( :huh: ). We went to a restaurant district that appeared to be a few blocks in radius. I went to one restaurant and ordered noodles but when I saw others receiving their orders, the noodles looked old so I cancelled my order and went to a Greek restaurant. I ordered pastichio and a huge serving of baklava to share with the boy that I was taking care of. We then went to a street toy vendor and I bought him a toy. I took him back to his home.

Scene #2 - I was going to the train station to go somewhere. When I reached the building, I realized that one of my cats had followed me. I took it back home and put it in the garage. Everytime I shut the garage door, the cat would sneak out. So I placed it in the far corner of the garage and surrounded it with several boxes (the garage was full of boxes because we just moved into this newly constructed house) so that I would have a head start of sorts in leaving....

Scene #3 - I received a call from the president of an association that I belong to. IRL she is also a friend and a close friend of my ex. We were talking and she wanted to know if I planned to attend an association sponsored event that evening. I originally didn't plan to attend. She thought that it was because I might run into my ex and his wife (it wasn't) so she told me that they wouldn't be there and started to express her disappointment in the way he has treated me and others since he got married and wondered why he chose this woman to marry. (IRL she was our "matchmaker" and while she included a note in a birthday card to me expressing her disappointment that it didn't work out she hasn't said anything directly to me). We were talking about other things as well.

I decided to attend the event which was a gathering in the foyer of what would be a main library (huge building, white ornate exterior, marble and wood interior). She announced that the organization needed volunteers for a Christmas play. The meeting for volunteers would be held after the meeting outside the building. There were stadium benches (like for Little League) alongside the outside of the building and a couple hundred people showed up. My friend was making announcements regarding the process and schedule.

Scene #4 - An Asian woman and her boyfriend (who is white) invited an Asian woman that I work with and me to go to his house. We just met them at this meeting. His house was HUGE - the kitchen was as large as the whole 1st floor of my house. He had many pictures on the walls of his four sons and himself - two were black and two were white. There were pictures of them in China (they'd wanted to learn a martial art so they went to China) and pictures of them in India (they wanted to learn to play Indian instruments so they went to India). I wondered what kind of work he did that enabled him to afford this type of lifestyle and how it was that he had two black sons. I learned that his ex-wife was black.

We were barefoot and my friend noticed that my toenails needed trimming ( :huh: ) so one of the guys told her were she could find some toenail clippers and she proceeded to trim my toenails (again, :huh: ). The homeowner continued telling stories of his and his sons' travels. They apparently were now in college and boarding school but coming home soon. They also seemed to be very much into music as several pictures were of them playing music or performing in different locations. And there were several instruments around the house - piano, guitars, saxophones, trumpets, etc.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Food, Buildings, and the Arts

Post by Halo on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 am

Hay Lola, the content of your dream does not address specific problems or a situation, which is a good thing.
What the Lord is doing at this time is teaching you, pertaining to Humanity/Relationships.
Which brings us to the book of Ephesians.

This book is very fasinating....When Paul wrote to the Eph. at this time he had developed a special concern for the people, not addressing a specific problem or situation, but it was written to encourage the body of Christ to a maturity in Him. Paul presents an overview of the plan and purposes of God. Practical guidance is given aswell for relationships between husbands and wives, parents and children, masters and slaves

Paul shares that for a Christian to be successful, he must realize the wealth of his position in Christ. This great book also tells us our True-Idenity, to say....Our DNA work, pertaining to Jews/Gentiles, by allowing us (Gentiles) to be adopted in to the Body of Christ, bringing the two harmoniosly together. What a Matchmaker!!!! Both stand before Him on the same common ground of grace.

I believe the Lord is preparing you for Humanity, which takes a special concern for people. His plan and his purpose is for all walks of life. no-matter if individuals are black or white, Mexican or Asian, sinner or saint.

Belivers enjoy an intimate relationship with Him, and thus have a unique relation with one another.

:yes: Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Halo -

God is soooo cool! It's funny that you mentioned Ephesians as it is one of my favorite Pauline epistles! I plan to spend an extended portion of the day tomorrow in the Word and, based on your response, I'm going to spend time in Ephesians to see what else the Lord might reveal....

I knew there was significance to the mix of races/ethnicities/cultures represented as well as economic backgrounds. Even the association meeting that I attended is actually a cultural association (my family is from Jamaica). ...

There's more (past experiences, things the Lord has told me, etc. that tie to this very thing) but I need to digest this, read the Word and pray for more understanding as I do believe there's more to come in this regard.

You've definitely given me food for thought...thanks so much! thumbs

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:58 pm

:whew: Whew......I walked the floor 6 hours with this one....Literally!!!
I read it, walked away from it, type it....deleted it...prayed--got an answer!!!!! praiseGod

If you need any assistance with the Book of Eph. I will be glad to help you, Just pm me, I'm here if you need me. huggins

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top