My Mom, My Bed and My Shoes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Mom, My Bed and My Shoes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 am

This was a simple dream about the events of my day off, yesterday. I figure it wouldn't hurt to share since it has some simple symbols in it with rather ordinary meanings - but it was very clear to me what they related to.

In the dream, I only remember that my "mom" was standing outside my house, and I saw her from my upstairs bedroom window. This was not my real-life mother in the dream. I knew that she was coming over for a reason, and it seemed that I wasn't quite ready for her to be there. I hollered down to her from the window that I'd be there in a second, but that I had to finish something... My bed wasn't quite made (the mattress was about half a foot off of the bedframe), and I went into the computer room to find that my shoes were laying on the floor. In real life, I have a workout bench thing in that room that I have a few pairs of shoes sitting on - one "new" pair from the half-marathon (training and the race), another old pair of running shoes that I wear for my daily workouts, and an old pair of sneakers that I wear outside of my house. In the dream, they were all thrown about on the floor.

When I woke up, I knew that my "mom" represented a lady at my bank who I expected to hear from regarding refinancing. I attempted to return her phone call, but couldn't reach her - however, she ended up calling me much later in the day. This was our interaction through the window.

The part with the shoes was all the different things that I needed to accomplish on this rare day off. Some were of my normal daily routine, another was maintenance on my vehicle, and another was dropping off paperwork at the bank (which was separate from the refinancing call).

The bed was simply my need for rest. I was unusually tired by early evening, and I ended up taking a nap.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top