My husband bound and gagged my son and put him in the trunk of the car!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My husband bound and gagged my son and put him in the trunk of the car!

Post by Daisy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:08 am

I had a dream that my husband bound and gagged my son and stuck him in the trunk. He even had the nerve to show up to my sons preschool class without my son. Of course the teacher asked where my son was, and my husband replied quickly that he was at a friends house. He didn't seem to be fearful for what he did one bit, his conscience was seared. I on the other hand knew it was wrong, and I went to get my son out. I took him out of the trunk, and was surprised he wasn't traumatized one bit. When I asked him where he has been, before entering the school, he replied at his friends house, just like my husband said. I had the impression this was rehearsed. I felt safe to bring him into the school. When the teacher asked where he had been, my son said his friends house (he is 4 years old). I went up to my husband and said if he ever did this again that I would divorce him!

Irl my husband is a very good dad. He would never do anything of this sort, EVER. I'm thinking I could have had this dream either taking the place of someone else. The bounding and gagging could be symbolic for something else. Any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My husband bound and gagged my son and put him in the trunk of the car!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 am

Hi, Daisy -

I don't have a whole lot on this dream, if anything at all. The only thought I wanted to share was that, maybe, this dream could be about a punishment for something that you don't agree with? Obviously not as extreme as what took place in the dream.

It's also possible (as you already said) that the dream is about someone else's situation. If you see where this fits someone else (maybe the "at a friend's house" bit is a clue for real life), then I think it's a call to pray for that situation - especially the child. The binding and gagging could be spiritual holds to be broken.

Just some ideas,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks mark! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 pm

The main focus of this dream is an action that someone takes that makes you livid. Does your husband ever do anything that would make you feel that way?

If not, who would? It is someone who's behavior is so enraging that you would have to threaten to disassociate with them permanently to get their attention or to prevent this behavoir?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:19 pm

i never feel enraged towards my husband or think of disassociating with him. though at times i feel frusterated with him...lol.

your questions def hit the mark with me though. my mom has been pushing some boundaries i have set in place for the saftey of my kids. i do feel enraged and very hurt that she is not respecting our decisions with our kids. we got into it on the phone this week bc she is still trying to sway me and doesnt see the severity of her decisions. i have decided to not take her calls for a couple weeks so she knows my stance is firm. i know she is the only mom i will get so i wont cut her off forever...but im def taking some safe steps back in our relationship until she respects my boundaries. this drama is the reason i havecconsidered my husband and i relocate out of state. maybe the distance will be a permanent boundary, limiting but not completely omitting the relationship. it may be some healthy space.

thank u so much mia for ur help!!!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

I didn't think it was your husband which is why I asked if there was someone else. Very often people in dreams are just place markers for people other than the person in the dream.

Maybe the dream is telling you to confront your mom in a respectful way that also conveys how serious this situation is for you, and makes her fully aware of what measures you will take to insure that it doesn't happen again.

Hugs,

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Thank you so much Mia! I really appreciate your help!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top