snakes dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

snakes dream

Post by Ruth89 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 pm

I dreamt I was somewhere outside (on a lawn I think) with my daughter and my husband was in the background somewhere but I couldn’t see him. Soon I was aware that there was a snake or two around so I cautioned my daughter to be careful and I started looking out for them. Then I realized there was a snake already on me wrapped all the way up my leg on the inside of my clothes, with its tail peeping out the end of my trousers. I knew I had to stand completely still and stay calm otherwise it would bite me. I knew I needed my husband’s help to get it off me somehow. I called him and asked for his help; somehow he made the snake go away, not physically, but by talking to it/ coaxing it. The snake slid off down my leg and went away but stayed nearby.

I was temporarily relieved until I realized I had at least one more snake still on me. (the snakes were brown) This one had gone up further and was nearly biting my mouth. I asked for my husband’s help again. (during all this time I could never actually see my husband). This snake was skinnier but was more persistent and scary as it wasn’t going away. I was thinking about different ways to kill snakes and said ‘I’ve never wanted to touch a snake’ – my husband said ‘you might want to soon’. It felt like it was about to bite my lip or had started to bite my lip and then I woke up.
It was quite a vivid short dream.

Appreciate any thoughts in interpretation.

Ruth89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: snakes dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am

Hello, Ruth -

If I recall, snakes can represent a threat of some type (or, a literal snake). For your dream, I don't think that they're literal.

You asked for the help of your unseen husband, which makes me think that this is a threat where you're asking the Lord for help. You husband's response to you regarding touching the snake is probably direction from Him to take action against these threats.

For the threats, themselves: I'm not sure what they represent, but it should be clear to you after the Lord takes away the first snake for you and the second one's presence is known to you. From what your husband said in the dream, God may want you to handle the second one.

The threats could be health issues, spiritual attacks, other people - to throw out a few ideas.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godsgrl33 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 am

Hello Ruth, thanks for sharing this dream. I actually have had three snakes dreams which I have yet to share. When searching for possible meanings... I ran into a few key words that could help you in your search for meaning. I would love to hear what you find when you do a general internet search by typing in:

Keywords:

Spiritual warfare + Snakes

Godsgrl33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Thank you sooo much Mark for your thoughts - that was very insightful. I didn't realize that my unseen husband in my dream would represent the Lord God himself, thank you for pointing that out to me, that is quite a revelation to me.

I agree, I felt that the snakes were a threat, to my health, as I have been battling with illness for a long time, but have been worse the last few months.

I have been disappointed at how my health declined after getting a virus several times this year. And have been contemplating just how much to 'do in the natural' in terms of seeking extra treatments, etc. I have very recently decided to do everything I can think of in the natural (though expensive) to overcome this. (perhaps this dream has been the Lords way of telling me to do this)

How awesome he speaks to us through dreams!

And thank you Godsgirl for your suggestions too, good idea. I didn't find too much on dream interpretation, but this one http://christonline.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/spiritual-warfare-prayers-against-dream-attacks/ both interested and confused me....

got me thinking .... how do we know if a dream is from God or from the devil or just our own silly dreams (i often dream horrible dreams when my body is really over tired or unwell)?

thanks again heaps!!

Ruth89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:28 am

What is it that you have not wanted to with regard to treatment? The key is when you said, I've never wanted to touch a snake.

In the dream it seemed to suggest that touching the snake was what was necessary to get it off of you.

Therefore, the remedy is likely something you've consciously not wanted to do.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 am

BTW, there is no biblical support for dreams being demonic.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks for your insight Mia - yes, that is a good point.
Probably the main thing that I struggle with doing that I know I should is to physically (and probably mentally) rest more.
The other thing I thought it may have also meant was that I need to be commanding these things off of me myself more.

thanks again,

Ruth89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godsgrl33 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey Ruth, I am glad to hear you got an idea of the meaning of your dream. I hope you didn't take my suggestion to research 'Spiritual-warfare' as an interpretation in and of itself.

I agree with Mia, there is no biblical basis for dreams being demonic( meaning from the Devil) neither is there a biblical basis that says all dreams hold prophetic meaning to be interpreted. However,this does not mean that Prophetic dreams can't reveal attacks from the enemy.

In the bible, the serpent is associated with the adversary.So it was my suggestion that you start your research in the area of Spiritual ware-fare, JUST in Case the symbolism was revealing to a war unseen. In Ephesians 6:11-12 it says " Put on all of God's armor. Then you can stand firm against the devils plans. Our fight is NOT against human beings. Its is against the rulers, the authorities and the powers of this dark world. It is against the SPIRITUAL forces of evil in the heavenly world."

True PROPHETIC dreams reveal something of the Physical world and or Spiritual world as it relates to biblical revelation but know... not every dream is Prophetic (from God).

Godsgrl33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm

thanks for that Godsgrl - no, I didn't take your suggestion as an interpretation.
I totally understand what you are saying - thanks for sharing your thoughts that not every dream is from God.

Ruth89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top