Purplish-blue lilies in the backyard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Purplish-blue lilies in the backyard

Post by exo152 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:39 am

I dreamed I was walking thru my backyard, near the old house we converted to a schoolhouse for our children (we homeschool). I was trying to find a bouquet of flowers to give my mother-in-law, but it was late fall and there were few flowers left. I was looking for autumn-toned flowers to match a plaid ribbon I was tying around them. Then I noticed a man, who I assumed was our neighbor, walking in his yard across the field from us. I thought to myself, "there he is, working in his grape vineyards". But soon, he was in my backyard, and I knew he wasn't my neighbor. He was in shadow, carrying an old grain sack and he was kneeling in my yard, placing small, gold-looking grains around the most beautiful purplish-blue tulip-type lillies. I was thinking, "I didn't realize we even had those flowers there." and "but that will really help them grow." They were growing, evenly spaced, single flowers, full and vibrant. Then he disapeared and I continued to look for the faded fall flowers for my mother-in-law. I wasn't pleased with the bouguet, thinking it looked bedraggled, but I didn't want to add to it from the lillies, thinking their color wouldn't match my theme. "She won't care." I told myself and I knew that was okay because it was true.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Purplish-blue lilies in the backyard

Post by Deborah on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Awesome dream! Good for you for making the selfless choice to homeschool your children. One question: how does your mother-in-law feel about your choice to homeschool her grandchildren?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:39 am

She is very supportive. She is not just a mother-in-law but also a "spiritual" mother to me. Through her, I (a baptist-raised girl) gained knowledge and a hunger for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We have a very close relationship.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 am

In Isaiah there's a scripture that says your children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of your children. I think the gardener is the Lord and as you are planting seeds of education, the Gardener is doing some planting and nourishing of His own, resulting in a beautiful product (your children). You picking out a bouquet for your mother-in-law that is substandard in your eyes but you know will be okay for her shows she is indeed more interested in your effort to bless her than the actual result, as any good mom should be. I remember how hard I used to work trying to please my spiritual mom and I know my effort touched her more than the result. So I'd say keep up the good work with your children knowing the Gardener is the One Who is doing the work. --Deborah's thoughts that she hopes are helpful

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:42 am

Very much, thank you! The part about the Lord doing a work in the children is especially helpful. The Holy Spirit gave me a word a few years ago concerning our oldest child and through this dream is seems He is confirming that word. Again, thank you and God bless!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top